Seat Leon mk4 ST trunk floor carpet

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
Hi everybody
I own a leon mk4 st (05/2022). I'm planning to sound deadening the trunk (as well as all the doors).

My car came without the trunk floor carpet so i'm trying to get one. I've red on this forum that it was possible to find this part for MK3 ST, wether with Seat parts or VW Golf SC parts.

Screenshot_20230728_223258_Chrome.jpg

(screenshot of a picture in a dedicated thread for mk3 leon st here https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/seat-leon-st-sound-deadening-luggage.470182/)

My Seat dealers didn't found this carpet, as well as a web store dedicated to VW group car parts.
So my questions are :

Is it possible to retrofit a leon mk3 ST carpet in my trunk ?
Did someone here found this carpet for Mk4 ST? Does this part even exist??

Have a nice day

Florent

Jul 28, 2023
Retrofitting MK3 ST Carpet: While theoretically possible, it's not guaranteed the MK3 carpet will fit your MK4 model due to potential design changes. MK4 ST Carpet Availability: If both your dealer and web store couldn't find the specific trunk carpet for the MK4 model, it's possible that it isn't readily available yet or it doesn't exist. To get a more definitive answer, I suggest contacting SEAT's customer service directly, they may be able to provide accurate part availability or suggest a compatible solution.
mybkexperience.com survey

Reactions: Frodon14

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
I've sent an email to Seat's customer service this morning. I don't understand why they put this part out in new cars. I've heard that it was for costs saving, ok i get that. They should at least have given us the opportunity to add this carpet easily...

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I ended up just doing mine by myself. Ordered some self adhesive panels, cut to shape and stick em on. Makes a massive difference just doing the boot, shame it’s not like that from the factory…

Reactions: vectra

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
Makes a massive difference just doing the boot
What n does it make a massive difference for? Soundproofing? I'm looking for this carpet in order to cover the soundproofing material i want to add in the trunk

Last edited:

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Yeah just sound reduction. Didn’t bother with extra carpeting though, spare wheel covers most of it so didn’t see much point.

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
Ok
I've already bought everything i need in order to soundproof the boot and i just need some time to do it. I must admit that i want to add the carpet because i feel like its better "finished" with it

Reactions: Alex667

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
I ended up just doing mine by myself. Ordered some self adhesive panels, cut to shape and stick em on. Makes a massive difference just doing the boot, shame it’s not like that from the factory…
Did you do the full boot or just part?
Any photos of finished job?
Thanks

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
Hi
I've finally ordered the mk3 estate trunkfloor carpet after closely compare severals pictures of mk3 and mk4 trunkfloors. It's almost a perfet match. It's a bit larger and i have to figure if i can fit it under the sides carpets. Otherwise i'll properly cut the sides of the carpet in order to make a perfect fit. While doing this i'll do the trunk soundproofing. I'll post some pictures here.

Reactions: vectra

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
Have you got the part number for this and how much was it? I want one for my mk3.5,wish I'd kept the one out of my mk3 when I traded it in. Cheers.

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
Have you got the part number for this and how much was it? I want one for my mk3.5,wish I'd kept the one out of my mk3 when I traded it in. Cheers.
5F9863463
It was listed on a website called oemvwshop, priced 155€ (french VAT included) plus 44€ for shipping and 8€ (paypal fees) = 207€, witch equals for about 180£. You may find it in a seat dealer but i don't know how much they'll charge you for it. Mine didn't want to sell me one because i wanted it for my mk4 estate and didn't even give me the price.

markh

Cupra Leon ST VZ2 2.0 310 4Drive
Jan 15, 2018
5F9863463
It was listed on a website called oemvwshop, priced 155€ (french VAT included) plus 44€ for shipping and 8€ (paypal fees) = 207€, witch equals for about 180£. You may find it in a seat dealer but i don't know how much they'll charge you for it. Mine didn't want to sell me one because i wanted it for my mk4 estate and didn't even give me the price.
Have you managed to fit the carpet yet?
Did it fit ok and does it look good?
Can you post a photo of it fitted?

Frodon14

May 14, 2023
It fits ok and looks pretty good yes. I'll post a photo tomorrow with the day light. As i told here it is not a perfect fit for the sides. I didn't cut it yet but it is not difficult to use the trunk bottom plate.

Reactions: markh
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.