SEAT Swindon MOtor Park

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
[:@]Well, I did a provisional deal over the phone to p/x my car for a 57 plate ibiza fr tdi.
I was told it was in very good condition, good tyres and one alloy had a chip out of it.

I was happy with the price and the deal. so i set off on my 250 mile trip to Swindon!

Upon arrival, there were a few cars on the car lot, none of which were in a clean presentable condition. there was even a 58 plate FR just outside the showrrom with a huge nail in the tyre!!!

The salesman brought the car round from the lock up. As he drove it in, i could see the wing mirror was smashed and cracked (facia and glass), there was a scratch running from the front wing to the rear quarter panel,. there was also a dent and heavy scratching (filler and re spray job) on the reear quarter panel. On the boot the wiper had been snapped off, there was 3 small dents and each alloy was completely knackered.

Inside the interior wa scuffed and the seat badge in the middle of the steering wheel had been heavily gauged.

not to mention the rattling from the engine upon running

All in all an absolute bag of :censored:!!!!

The dealer was then bemused when i said i didn;t want the car!!!

They wasted my time and money and the car was far from what they described it as!!

While i was there another individual was there complaining, as his car had been reposessed because the previous owners had finance outstanding on the vehicle that hadn't been paid off!! nut they had sold it to someone else

All in all STAY AWAY
Buyer beware!!!! [:@]

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
hey, fancy naming and shaming the guy? I live in Swindon, and these are the only seat dealer, and my car has just arrived from the factory, only a week late ...

but now there messing me around on the deal we agreed in Feb... if i can't get the deal we made I think I'll tell them to stick it... they don't seem to actually care for my custom despite the current slow down.

I've been trying to get hold of one guy there and he just never gets back me, to the point where i phoned him asked him to confirm the total and he said he'd check and call me back cos he was with some one (fair enough) but didn't call back until a day and a half later after I'd phoned them after work...!

Right now I haven't even got my car, I don't want to have to deal with these guys if something goes wrong! But i so want my white Ibiza SC...

On the plus, the guy I've been dealing with is fairly sound and its one of their business managers giving me the run around at the moment. the other guys seem like idiots tho, to point where we hadn't even done the deal in Feb and some guy came up to the bloke dealing with me and said "you haven't sold one, have you?" which just didn't seem professional! and I'd like to point out as yet they've sold nothing but have bought a car across from Spain for me (eventually!)

-Cyph

xrobc

I have also been to Swindon Motor Park, but not yet purchased.

If I show any interest in a car, I'm asked why I won't put a deposit on it.

I saw one car there they told me it was £15k. Their website said £14k. Many of their other cars are also upto £1000 cheaper on their website and then they try to charge for a valet, service and wait for it ..... 7 days FREE insurance! All this from a main dealer.

I too have seen a car there with a flat tyre.

Cyph, from Swindon, Chippenham is only 10 minutes down the M4! You can be in Bristol within 30 minutes too.

Reading this I may well take my custom else where.

Last edited by a moderator:

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
It seems to me that this is not a one off issue then. Yeah they also tried to charge me a £179 pounds for a full service, valet, 'free safety point check' and road test.

It was the fact the allowed me to drive all the way there, when the vehicle was in such a state. Secondly, they were bemused when i didn't want to buy it.

WOuld anyone seriously pay any money for a car that required a respray, new parts, a rattling engine and a tatty interior, i think not.

SMP

Hello

I’m the Manager at Swindon Motorpark and I was very upset to read about the level of service that you received at our dealership and I would like to apologies deeply

I would like to personally invite each of you to visit the dealership and to have a guided tour and to meet the team. I would also like to discuss and resolve any outstanding issues that you may have, and I would like to take the opportunity to apologies for the customer service you have received in person.

Please contact me

[email protected]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members