Service question about a component in a quote.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi got a quote today for 30k service, what is the fuel guard? looked it up and see lots of different things, additives to full filtration system type things.

30,000 Mile Service - Seat Toledo 1.9PD TDI

Parts;

Oil @ £32.26 + Vat

Oil Filter @ £5.69 + Vat
Sump Screw @ £0.99 + Vat

Screenwash @ £1.96 + Vat
Fuel Guard @ £7.47 + Vat

Labour;

1.40 Hours @ £42.50 per hour = £59.50 + Vat

Total;

£126.75 Inc Vat

PS: Brake Fluid Service due every two years @ £35.00 Inc Vat - Fluid and Labour.

Supplying my own oil and get air filter too, 40'000 is too long for a change of it.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Will contact the garage tomorrow and see what they say, waiting on two more quotes, one may ake a day or two, the other not holding hope on a reply so may ring.

Im Not sure as google search didnt bring up anything definate.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Sounds like some sort of additive or treatment to me. I wouldn't have thought the fuel filter would be changed at 30k (may be wrong though)

In which case, if that's a dealer, I would suspect they may be contravening the handbook (probably states that no additives should be used!)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Oh and if it's a dealer, and they charge you for screenwash, I wonder if they'll put in the manufacturer-approved stuff that you're supposed to use with fan-type jets... or just the normal blue stuff that everyone else uses :think:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I just emailed them back to ask about the fuel guard, i dotn want it if it is an additvie as already use DS4 and that might not mix well with another additive!!
I think we are safe in the knowledge that at the price they charging it not the SEAT stuff and i think it does state no additives in the handbook!?

Edit: Got a repply, it is an additive, so along with my own oil, no additive or sceenwash there is a saving of £25!! might boobk it in.

Ps. would it matter if i went over my service time by few 100 miles??

Last edited:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I *think* for warranty purposes you shouldn't go more than 1000 miles beyond the service schedule. Don't quote me on that though.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
My intervals are screwed up, 30k is at 26.5K (early 10k when i bought car, done at 7k) and 20k done 500mile early too while already in garage!

£35 not too bad, my own oil, no sceenwash and fuel guard make inclusive of the brake fluid change to £113!

Edit: Comfirmed 13th Aug as date for service, will probably have gone slightly over the period of service bythen, everywhere else wouldnt quote me/didnt reply and one other place hadnt a clue, said less than 150 including brake service which she seemed VERY unsure about, dimwit!

Anyway, £112 inc VAT and Brake fluid service. So not bad!!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise