Shane's Cupra K1 - Revo Stage 2

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Again, not a massive update, gave it a bloody good clean.

Am pleased with the results. I was going to get it detailed but i think the finish is actually ok

Excuse the quality of pics. Iphone is shiiiiite!!! lol
583a84c6.jpg

cad4a5e4.jpg

3617e9d8.jpg

FB15.jpg

FB16.jpg

FB17.jpg

FB18.jpg

FB19.jpg

88501722.jpg

Reason for the badge, I saw it on the new LCR and i'm jealous hehehe

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Car is going to be booking it into dealers soon. Not sure if I want to do it before the meet and risk not getting it back or wait until afterward.

So far my list of problems:
Rattling - cant pinpoint exactly where its coming from, but it sounds like from behind the dash/lower part of centre console/under handbrake. Open the door and it sounds like its coming from the centre part of the exhaust. Problem is, its only there once warmed up, and its not there every day. Its also only rattling when at idle.

Head tecchie came and looked at it the other day, so hopefully he'll know what the problem is (every other time its been put it in the garage, they can never replicate the sound. So when it happened again, I happened to be round the corner from service dept, so I made them come and listen lol)

Starting to have trouble getting into 1st gear - Only noticed in the last few days. If i'm sitting at lights, I sometimes have real trouble getting into 1st. Normally this can be cured by releasing the clutch then re-applying. But that doesn't always work :(

Slight hesitiation/flat spot at around 3-4.5k revs Only noticed the flat spot the other day. It has the feeling of a 'double boost' ie I feel the turbo coming on boost, then it gets to around 5k and i feel it come on boost again lol It never used to do this. Looking back at some very old threads, i've noticed 1 or 2 people saying the 'Cam Variator' can be the cause of such an issue. So I want to take it in and see what they think. This 'cam variator' is apparantly also possibly the reason why these engines sound like diesels on tickover??

Also while its in I want them to check the cam follower on the fuel pump. Am still a little unsure if my engine is actually affected or not But regardless I want it checked to be 100% sure.

Jacking point covers Mine has become very loose due to it having the plastic retainer clip snap off. So am going to take it off completely and get a replacement

Paint literally stripped from sideskirt edge:
b387f8f9.jpg
This is drivers side, passenger side is on its way too.

So going by that list I imagine it'll be in there for a few weeks. Think i'll wait till after the meet.

In the mean time with regard to the rattle, and the flat spot/cam variator. Can anyone throw up any ideas?

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Sorry, I only just noticed these replies lol

very nice car mate wouldent mind 1 of these next year.
Get one mate. In all honesty, I was at thurrock one night, and I saw Poverty in his old K1. He drove past me a few times that night and I was smitten! The front was aggressive, the rear looked lovely with the centre exit, and the noise!!! lol I didn't do much about it until I moved in down here. The Seat dealer is literally 5 mins away. I noticed one day while walking through town, that they had a lovely looking white FR. So I went in and looked around and saw this black K1. I turned to the guy and said "I want that car, NOW!" Within 15 mins I was sitting down arranging terms and a price :D

Aside from the few problems which have yet to be fixed (nothing major just the niggly bits that you don't expect from a car thats practically new. See above) I've never looked back. I probably payed a little over what I should have, but that is just me all over. I buy now and worry about things later lol

Very tidy! Always liked the K1, had my heart set on a white one as my next car but the black has grown on me. A guy at my work is selling his black K1 in the spring and offered me first refusal, am tempted.
As mentioned above, Poverty was the guy that sold it to me (unintentionally!! lol). There was just something about it. It came across as the 'underdog car', if that makes sense. It was a Seat, but it was not a pushover. It was a gorgeous looking car, in white. It sounded amazing when accelerating, and a nice dump valve sound, not too loud. And I loved the shape!! It has really soft lines, compared to the golf or S3. I just fell in love with it. I obviously didnt know much about it at the time. Just that it was fookin gorgeous and sounded great!

I only started learning about it around a month before I got mine, and found out it's something of a bloody animal with the right things done to it!

The black gives it a stealthy appeal. Black car, black wheels. And its a car you dont have to do much to (appearance wise), as it looks 'sporty' as it is. By that I mean in theory it should warn off any chav racers once they see the word 'Cupra' on the back. But in general it just has a certain presence about it. It always turns heads, even if your just sitting at lights. But at the same time, its not 'in your face' so it doesn't attract unwanted police attention, just because of how it looks. Which is a nice balance to have.

I defo think a test drive in it would convice you mate!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Shane cars looking nice mate.. Your pictures have made we want to go out and clean mine now!:lol:
I have a black car but I must admit black does look lovely & abit of a beast when its clean..

I was thinking about black wheels for mine but wasn’t too sure but yours look good in the pic’s, will have a better look at the meet though if you don’t mind

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Shane cars looking nice mate.. Your pictures have made we want to go out and clean mine now!:lol:

I was thinking about black wheels for mine but wasn’t too sure but yours look good in the pic’s, will have a better look at the meet though if you don’t mind

Cheers :)

Yeah of course mate. Can't guarantee they'll be 100% clean though lol

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Black with black wheels is a nice combo.

The badge on the front bumper looks out of place in my opinion though. The first of only two mods to my new car was taking that exact badge off :cartman:

Poverty

Shane i had that 2nd boost feeling around 5k when stock too, dunno if that helps

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
Is this a common problem, only had myn just over a month and from day one I noticed it feeling like a 2nd boost at bang on 5k rpm, I never once though of it being a flat spot between 3k - 5k rpm just as a second boost.

my car is 12 month old, 2010/59 plate and has 5500 miles on clock if that is any help

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
i love these cars i think i am going to have one after the lcr i do like them in black seems to be quite a few in white now

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I think it's normal mate, nice feeling ain't it

Tbh, yeah. Unless its really flat between 3-5k. Most of the time, its only a small flat. But sometimes it can really seem as if its revving and fook all happening for that 1-2seconds lol

Annoying but nothing that a touch of Revo cant sort out ;)

Black with black wheels is a nice combo.

The badge on the front bumper looks out of place in my opinion though. The first of only two mods to my new car was taking that exact badge off :cartman:

Haha, well each to their own mate. I just like it. Dont quite know why. I feel it finishes it off.

Looks mean, I like............

Is this a common problem, only had myn just over a month and from day one I noticed it feeling like a 2nd boost at bang on 5k rpm, I never once though of it being a flat spot between 3k - 5k rpm just as a second boost.

my car is 12 month old, 2010/59 plate and has 5500 miles on clock if that is any help

I'm not too sure. Not heard much about it tbh, but then i only really noticed it when I was looking for it. If that makes sense. Maybe people aren't noticing it, and believe it is a 'second boost' lol

i love these cars i think i am going to have one after the lcr i do like them in black seems to be quite a few in white now

Do it mate. For reasons: see above ^^^^ :)

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Have ordered some new headlight bulbs. They should be here by end of week. Gonna see if they the right colour though. I'm hoping there extremely white and not the blueish colour ones.

Still for a few quid, if they aint i can always sell em on ay!

Also, gonna get my car booked into asford motorsport Saturday morning to have the middle box taken out and a straight through pipe put in. Twinned with the BSH TruSeal Induction kit that i've ordered (with next day delivery, i've now decided) it should make the car stand out a little bit, and who knows, it might even free a horse or two :)

Wanted to get stage one and a DP this month too, but friday didnt go how i wanted it, so gotta wait longer for my money lol

So watch this space lol

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Decided against the BSH induction kit

So insteaD I got one of these coming:
85e7a5ae.jpg

Hopefully it'll be on the car by Saturday :)

Poverty

cool, I hope you have the right tools to get the oem silicone turbo pipe off as otherwise its gonna be a pigggg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise