Smokey

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Powercoating can be quite expensive, had to take my boss' car to get one of his wheels done before it went back to the lease company, and it cost £70 for one wheel.

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
forgot to say. i have tried the local scrapyards. nothing. most of them have already been stripped of there steering wheel parts.

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
yeah need to consider my options. as i dont want to spend to much on car as its just my no claims booster car.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
there was one in the for sale section on this site, think it was ScottHmk4 who was selling it, not sure if it is sold or not yet

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Not sure what trw means either. The steering wheel does'nt actually include the section with the airbag and horn behind it. So if you go for one like this style, you would have to replace the part with the airbag and horn which i have heard can cost in excess of £200! I assume you have the steering wheel with mounted controls?

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
lol. not what i wanted to here. i was hoping it was a straight swap. yeah i have the one with the controls. after tomorrow when i get the headunit fitted they wont work though. so pointless having that steering wheel. plus i prefer the feeling of a leather one. aswell as the look.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
you can get special control boxes (sorry dont know what they are called) to make your new headunit and the steering wheel controls work. Mention this to whoever is fitting your headunit and they might be able to advise you. Yeah the leather one is a bit nicer, just watch you dont scratch it like i did :(

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
just found one on partsworld uk on ebay for 70. i have emailed them to ask how the swapping of airbag and horn works.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members