Soo...I had a small fire this morning.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
So on my drive to work today got to work and smelt burning and and see smoke from under the bonnet opened it and flames...:doh:

The N112 had fallen onto my mani and was on fire...Its been fine for about 9 months damn thing...its not to bad though it was only the plastic cover on the wire that was on fire the rest is just a little bit melted so i was able to blow out the flames could of been alot worse.

So its time to order some resistors i think and get rid...

Bad times.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Do what i did if you prefer, i just moved all the n249 just above the dv wall away from the manifold. just about make it out, as its quite hidden.

Image0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh with the bc it does (temp thing ). It nortmal look like this. im happy with it, cant really tell as most of its under the tip. well thats the best option for me as i retained n249.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
I just pulled it off the rubber mount and screwed it through the hole to the engine where the N249 bracket used to be.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
I have removed one n112 and replaced with resistors but i want to keep the other N112 as im keeping the SAI system.

daves ibiza

come on guys common sense you all no it gets hot by there ;)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Well as you would expect ive now popped an eml light with it...

Still runs ok but just taking it easy untill i get the resistors which should be tomorow if i can find any..if not i will have to order some off the net. may aswell remove the sai while im at it aswell i spose...

daves ibiza

just remove it all mate ive done mine with resistors in place ;)

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Mine melted ages ago, ended up with the SAI incorrect flow code, tried removing the SAI and using resistors and still got the same damn code and eml every few days

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Now fixed :funk:

My resistors arrived yesterday from RS so i set about today sorting it out took about 5 mins. cut the plug off wrapped the wires round bit of solder action then wrapped it all up with insulation tape.

But still didnt clear the EML light and came back on when i cleared it with vag-com...bugger i thought maybe id done more damage than i first thought.

Then i remembered i hadnt checked the fuses and bingo fuse 8 had blown so down to halfords to sort out a 10A fuse put it in cleared the codes rescaned and none found.

Going to set about removing the other N112 tomorow and blank off the extra hoses fron the sai and the actuator...

Im not 100% sure but i think im right in saying i can remove all the plastic black tube stuff from the sai but still leave it connected to the block and plugged in with no problems unless i read it wrong if somone could confim that would be great..??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.