'Standard Cupra'

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Bit of light reading for you matey ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAT_León

Thanks for the link, at least a bit of my english training... (((:) Till I got to: (Information as of 2006-10-01, from www.seat.co.uk) <- On the same page, which means, it's copied from UK page...

Like I said before, it's wierd to me knowing 20VT it's called Cupra only in UK
And if'll do some search on international pages (not UK ones) about 180bhp Cupra, I doubt You'll find anything... For example, try to buy GreenFilter for 180 'Cupra' on their .com page... Or look at YouTube and search for some of them...(for example on Spanish one - only coz they should know what they make for ages best)
In other countries i.e. Germany (they should know what they own too-VAG) 180bhp 20VT is called Top Sport later become called Formula Racing -FR

But I don't mind anymore as far as my car changed from SLC to LCR, just passing the border line... Yeeeeey... ((((:)

And to that 2.8l Leon: It's just reasonable conclusion that Seat owned by VW used their well known VR6 engine in such as nice and popular car as Leon... You've seen links, it's a big shame it never made it to the UK... Big boo to UKs Seat

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
I have a 180 bhp leon cupra........... and yes it does say cupra on the paperwork and on the back of the frigging car you fooking moron. Before you go upsetting people from back in Bosnia you need to do some research.

I already have done it Matey, but not UK-wise but international, that's why I can't get some of the UKs trains of thoughts... (sorry if I've miss-spelled it;-)))
Seems to be part of another world to me sometimes... And it's not Bosnia either..
(((:)

So You're probably right about this one:
The cupra came in 4 stages over here in the U.K
In UK!!

No damage done, I just found out another oddish thing about living on the island tho...

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Shoot, I've been ripped off... Mine it's "only" 5 seater...[:@][:@] Gonna get it back to the dealers... Want to know where's my 6th one!!!

Stay black... Magic black
STEF

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Just got to work
so glad its not our fault, that would of PROPER ruined my day knowing i didnt in fact own a cupra and i've been living in a bubble for the last 2 years :blink:

I just took my Cupra out back and shot it. It was horrible.. but, if it isn't a real Cupra... I don't want to know.

:'(

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
ill forgive your innocent misguided ramblings this time...... but if I see joo again, you marther focker, I wont be so nice :p

Cupra sounds cooler than 20VT anyway so :bleh:

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
ill forgive your innocent misguided ramblings this time...... but if I see joo again, you marther focker, I wont be so nice :p

Cupra sounds cooler than 20VT anyway so :bleh:

Well if You say "misguided ramblings" You mean the same ones what is rest of the World talking about with Spain and Germany at the head of?!
It's so easy to make sh**it out of some foreigner with dodgy english only to make Your point about information You're not even bothered to search for?! Have a look on what I said before, do Your homework and then when U'll be sure about it then call me: "marther focker" talking "misguided ramblings".. Please

I already apologized for what I've said, because I didn't know about SEAT dealership has differencies in the UK...

And hell yeah Cupra sounds better than Top Sport as S3 sounds better than A3 S-line (which is facelifted A3, but still not S3)
That was a point of my thread, everybody like the sound of it... And that is calling for trouble... ((((((:)

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Cupra or not, you still said that Leons that share the same engine as the Octavia vRS are "nothing special". It's going to be a while before I can forgive a statement like that :)

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Cupra or not, you still said that Leons that share the same engine as the Octavia vRS are "nothing special". It's going to be a while before I can forgive a statement like that :)

OK, maybe I overracted a bit, I meant it's 1.8l with turbo on it and 180bhp from that combination is not a rocket science, but anyway Your car is special, as Top Sport (or UKs Standard Cupra) is facelifted and more powerfull than stock Leon...

Friends?! ((((:)

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Of course! I'm just messing with you :)

It's mainly coz I don't like Octavias from the roots, it's a shoebox and it handles like one too, no sign of design or aerodynamics at all (Despite that Skoda is made by "almost" my country:think:)

All in all, Cupra or Top Sport, we all DO like Leons for the looks and their 'wroom', so stuff this thread and kick in some beer... :cheers:

STEF

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Of course! I'm just messing with you :)

Oh, and how the CC remap feels like, been looking at some prices lately... Hmmmm, might try to squeeze some more juice out of it... (((((:)
And what about mpg? Coz filling my tank every week and a half is beating my budget into pieces... :cry:

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
damn ive been found out best take the R badges of the arosa now :)

Hold on, no offence (again), but I've never seen 'Arosa' and 'Cupra' in one sentence... Is there Arosa Cupra on the market? Don't crucify me straight away, I have never been interested in Arosas, that's why I dunno about it... It's just polite question, OK?! (((:)

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Oh, and how the CC remap feels like, been looking at some prices lately... Hmmmm, might try to squeeze some more juice out of it... (((((:)
And what about mpg? Coz filling my tank every week and a half is beating my budget into pieces... :cry:
The Custom-Code remap is more than I hoped for. I expected it to be good, but it's great! As for MPG, it's not much worse than it was before. I don't drive many miles, so I only average around 30MPG (7.84 l/100 km).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members