Start/Stop how to disable?

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
Hi all.

In the manual of the car there is a clause about disabling the Start/Stop system in the settings of the driver's assistant.

I looked through all the menu items and did not find such a button. The only place where I saw a button for this function is on the locked screen of the infotainment system (When I turn on the car, they appear for a moment or if I press the screen power button for about 2 seconds.).

But unfortunately it does not always appear there, and usually the button instantly disappears after 1-2 seconds of display?!

So, how to disable this system? This should be easy according to the instructions, but it's not.

p.s. I have Hybrid Formentor.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
There is a longer way by pressing the car icon and then assistants/startstop but the easiest way which I recently learnt is,

After a few seconds of starting, press and hold the infotainment on/off button for about 2 seconds and the screen you mention appears. press start stop off and then tap the infotainment button again to return to your normal driving screen.

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
There is a longer way by pressing the car icon and then assistants/startstop but the easiest way which I recently learnt is,
Ok. but... As I wrote above, I do not have such a button in this menu.
After a few seconds of starting, press and hold the infotainment on/off button for about 2 seconds and the screen you mention appears. press start stop off and then tap the infotainment button again to return to your normal driving screen.
As I wrote above, When I do this, this button is not always visible for some reason. I would say it appears very rarely and only for 1-2 seconds. after that it disappears from the screen again. :)

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Ok. but... As I wrote above, I do not have such a button in this menu.

As I wrote above, When I do this, this button is not always visible for some reason. I would say it appears very rarely and only for 1-2 seconds. after that it disappears from the screen again. :)
I do not have a hybrid, but it is not logical to me to have the start/stop option on a hybrid as the ICE will shut down to drive only on electric when possible.

Reactions: CupForm
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.