stone chips

rayhpool

anyone dissapointed with paint performance my car an fr tdi in zenith grey seems to pick them up on the bumper daily

rayhpool

ordered a touch up kit from paints 4 u so will have to see wot they are like when ive done them didnt want to have to get bumper painted

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Mine is covered in stone chips. It's a Chrono Yellow FR. I tried the touch-up pen but found it just made it worse. I did consider having it re-sprayed but then thought what's the point? It's only going to get covered like that again as I do quite a fair bit of motorway driving.

RodneyA

FR crazy
Nov 14, 2008
South Africa
if its stone chips that you worried about... hereby us there's this film that can be put over certain parts of the vehicle for protection... manufactured by 3M however i speak under correction.
i'm sure you can try and look into it.

what i've done today is purchase a wax crayon set, gonna use a crayon to fill up my scratches and it works like a charm from what i gather.
no mess and no fuss...even when your hand shakes :)

thanx,
RodneyA

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
if its stone chips that you worried about... hereby us there's this film that can be put over certain parts of the vehicle for protection... manufactured by 3M however i speak under correction.
i'm sure you can try and look into it.

what i've done today is purchase a wax crayon set, gonna use a crayon to fill up my scratches and it works like a charm from what i gather.
no mess and no fuss...even when your hand shakes :)

thanx,
RodneyA

you can always buy them from the stealers too the film that is...

JD_SCN

Pretty much everyone I speak to in the VAG family say how cr@p the paint quality is!
It was only yesterday my mates dad was complaining of his black Golf GTI Ed 30 getting chipped very easy and orange peel here and there. I'm not too happy with my black magic paint either...many imperfections from the factory and stone chips here there and everywhere and scratched extremeley easily! The paint is very thin. Not good![:@]

RodneyA

FR crazy
Nov 14, 2008
South Africa
Pretty much everyone I speak to in the VAG family say how cr@p the paint quality is!
It was only yesterday my mates dad was complaining of his black Golf GTI Ed 30 getting chipped very easy and orange peel here and there. I'm not too happy with my black magic paint either...many imperfections from the factory and stone chips here there and everywhere and scratched extremeley easily! The paint is very thin. Not good![:@]

i thought my bro's orange on his Focus ST was bad...the quality of SEAT's paint is absolutely rubbish.
i mean, i was washing my car today and i've noticed that i can add more scratches to my inventory list :(

i haven't even had the for 2 months and i got scratches that would occur like over an 1 year period...my goodness!

it is very soft and thin...i agree with your statement.

isn't there any type of wax or something that we can use to add protection?...besides putting that 3M film which will result in costing an arm and a leg.

thanx,
RodneyA

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Not really without film. However the film is worth every penny in my opinion. I have a chrono yellow leon (film shows up the least on light colours, dark colours it dulls the effect) and the film has stopped ALL chips from impacting the front bumper, bonnet and front wings.

JD_SCN

i thought my bro's orange on his Focus ST was bad...the quality of SEAT's paint is absolutely rubbish.
i mean, i was washing my car today and i've noticed that i can add more scratches to my inventory list :(

i haven't even had the for 2 months and i got scratches that would occur like over an 1 year period...my goodness!

it is very soft and thin...i agree with your statement.

isn't there any type of wax or something that we can use to add protection?...besides putting that 3M film which will result in costing an arm and a leg.

thanx,
RodneyA

I've tried a few wax's and various protection things but to no avail. I find myself with the t-cut and scrath remover pretty much every time i wash the car. Don't think my black magic paint was a good choice in this sense. The paint appears to be 1 coat thin and even calling it 1 coat is VERY optimistic!

RodneyA

FR crazy
Nov 14, 2008
South Africa
I've tried a few wax's and various protection things but to no avail. I find myself with the t-cut and scrath remover pretty much every time i wash the car. Don't think my black magic paint was a good choice in this sense. The paint appears to be 1 coat thin and even calling it 1 coat is VERY optimistic!

we on the same page here :(

thanx,
RodneyA

RodneyA

FR crazy
Nov 14, 2008
South Africa

what is T-Cut exactly?

thanx,
RodneyA

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Pummy's right.
I had my Cupra covered with paintshield film on the whole front end.
I strongly recommend it as the quality is astonishing and will leave your paintwork in mint condition so it will almost pay for itself longterm.

JD_SCN

what is T-Cut exactly?

thanx,
RodneyA

Yeah you were saying is there a 'protective wax'...i was saying i've tried most products and non offer any protection. Then i was going back to the quality of paint, saying that every time i wash the dirt off i find the paint work is scratched and chipped. T-cut is a liquid/paste that contains small abrasives that gently removes scratches...it sometimes can blend paint into smaller chips.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I found that all the t-cut does it takes the dirt out of the scratches, meaning they look like they've gone. When you next clean the car again, they're back again! :(

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
i feel i have to defend the paint on my red seat as its stood up to stones etc... better than my BMWs i used to own! they looked crap after 6 months and 1.5 years in the FR looks pretty good. not helped with the big scracth someone ****** as done on the bonnet though - anyone know a decent but reasonably priced bodyshop that will respray it for me in Manchester?

RodneyA

FR crazy
Nov 14, 2008
South Africa
can the film be applied any time?
and how much roughly is it to do the front end on a cupra?

film can be applied at any time. although it'd be best to do it when the car is brand new...that way the paint stays immaculate even when you have to replace the film due to unfortunate scratches.

i got quoted ZAR6000 for the front bumper and 4 doors...that would amount to about £400.
however double check on the price...could be different your side of the world.

thanx,
RodneyA

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.