Strate line

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
I’ve got a problem, when I accelerate hard (on a private road) and the turbo kicks in I find the front end lifts up and the steering goes really light and unpredictable. :wtf: I don’t want to change my shoxs on the back, witch would help. Is there anything else I could do?

Yeah I know…… don’t accelerate hard. :blahblah:

flashbsd

i get this also, but since i have replaced my fornt tyres, were unevenly worn and pirelli's, all seems fine

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
geometry checked lately?
its going to squat under acceleration unless you go for stiff spring rates.

{edit to add: maybe wishbone bushes are worn which can allow the wheels to pull about under acceleration/deceleration) - Poly bushes or VT ones perhaps

Last edited:

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
yeah sorry about the spelling its not my stong point :( so a set of powerflex bushes would help you think?

Bill do you know of any springs that i could use on the seat sport kit that would help me out?

P.S iv had my tracking and camber + 2 new front tyres all in the last 2 months

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Olly20VT said:
yeah sorry about the spelling its not my stong point :( so a set of powerflex bushes would help you think?

Bill do you know of any springs that i could use on the seat sport kit that would help me out?

P.S iv had my tracking and camber + 2 new front tyres all in the last 2 months

Bring it round Olly and I can have a look/chat with you about it... see if anything is wrong or not. - maybe Sunday?

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I have my car pulling to the left, only happened since ive had new tyres fitted. The car has had the tracking checked also.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
ah well my problem was a badly buckeld wheel, id hit a curb and thought nothing of it, then went to a RR day and saw my wheel from the out side (some one else driving my car) then when i got a new wheel it was all fine.
Hope this helps.

flashbsd

that sounds about right CupraT, spoke to a mate earlier who runs his own garage and he says he has so many passat's and audi's in with the same fault, signs are a slight knock when turning on the spot and rattles.

75k have done well on originals :)

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
i had a problem with the front end lifting and very light steering under hard acceleration (maybe not as bad as you guys cos mine is only the 100bhp sport).

my seat sport strut brace sorted mine out tho :) it wasnt what i bought it for, but after i fitted it, the problem disappeared!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise