Suspension and Seatbelt comments

leonGR

ProDriver
Dec 7, 2006
Athens, Greece
Ok..... I am having a great time with my Cupra but I am noticing that a few things need to be looked at.

The most annoying complaint that I have is when I roll down the windows and I am going fast or braking hard the damn passenger-side seatbelt is hitting the pillar making a racket... Seems like the wind is causing turbulence in that area hence the seatbelt moving around.... Any fix for that?

Suspension is firm BUT driving fast over uneven surfaces is throwing the handling out of the window... As I understand changing to Koni FSD Dampers with the Apex springs or as AwesomeSarah suggests "Eibach" springs is the way to go so I will look into that as an option... Eri(SEATCUPRA member) recommends this as it has worked great for him by lowering the car and improving the ride of the car even better than stock... It makes sense as the car is based on the GTI which rides great so our car should do the same so by replacing dampers and springs you can potentially have the same great handling and ride feel...

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Ok..... I am having a great time with my Cupra but I am noticing that a few things need to be looked at.

The most annoying complaint that I have is when I roll down the windows and I am going fast or braking hard the damn passenger-side seatbelt is hitting the pillar making a racket... Seems like the wind is causing turbulence in that area hence the seatbelt moving around.... Any fix for that?

move the top of the seltelt up or down! :)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)

I'd guess at one of the following ;)
  • Don't go fast
  • Don't brake hard
  • Don't roll down your window
  • Sit someone in the passenger seat so that they are using the seatbelt

:D

leonGR

ProDriver
Dec 7, 2006
Athens, Greece
I'd guess at one of the following ;)
  • Don't go fast
  • Don't brake hard
  • Don't roll down your window
  • Sit someone in the passenger seat so that they are using the seatbelt

:D

hehehe....:)

• Impossible
  • as above
  • as above
  • She is too scared to sit with me driving. I wonder why :confused:

I guess I will have to move the seatbelt bracket up a few inches as DanGB suggested :doh:

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
can I ask are you actually wearing your seatbelt?

As for the suspension on my FR, I find it grand for grip and for stiffness - though I am stepping out of a lowered Corsa, there is no comparison really!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.