Team Dynamics - Shedden out, Thompson In

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
On the BTCC website, Gordon Shedden has been dropped in favour of James Thompson, although Team Dynamics have stressed they are looking at the option of running a third car (funds permitting) for Shedden

redgate

:)That's great news! will be top to have Thommo back - I don't think anyone saw that coming. Hope Flash gets a drive again soon though

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
Excellent news. :)

Any word on a continued campaign for JP?

Not sure, as reported, it all depends on securing the sponsorship.

We all know JP could probably fund it personally, but it would be a huge lump out of his retirement fund, paying the running costs for a year of BTCC would be pricey I feel, even for JP.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
scn sponsorship deal for JP :idea: and no sheddon GOOD that means we need rid of Pratt neal and we'll have proper racing instead of a btcc destruction derby:blink:

scn sponsorship deal for JP :idea: and no sheddon GOOD that means we need rid of Pratt neal and we'll have proper racing instead of a btcc destruction derby:blink:

SCN deal for JP?! All members to chip in minimum £25 - that could work! Sounds like something another old SEAT employee might have done!:D

BTCC is a contact sport - all the complaints about sports car racing and formula racing is that it's not exciting enough - I think that most people, whether they admit it or not - like the argy-bargy of the BTCC....any not the point.

This is just a heavy reminder that this is business. YRC members - check you emails over the course of this morning to see what the inside story is on Flash...as you know, Flash is the YRC team ambassador so there will be news shortly.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
SCN deal for JP?! All members to chip in minimum £25 - that could work! Sounds like something another old SEAT employee might have done!:D

BTCC is a contact sport - all the complaints about sports car racing and formula racing is that it's not exciting enough - I think that most people, whether they admit it or not - like the argy-bargy of the BTCC....any not the point.

This is just a heavy reminder that this is business. YRC members - check you emails over the course of this morning to see what the inside story is on Flash...as you know, Flash is the YRC team ambassador so there will be news shortly.

Hannah,

You're a star, you always give us the inside info ;)

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Hunnie in seasons gone by Sheddon has been the cause of most seat leon damage and retirements, thats why im glad he's down the road, nothing personal against him i just dont like him

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hunnie in seasons gone by Sheddon has been the cause of most seat leon damage and retirements, thats why im glad he's down the road, nothing personal against him i just dont like him

If Shedden and Neil hadn't been in the BTCC, SEAT may have actually won a Driver Championship. Both have talent, but at times a slightly interesting way of making progress.

Neil is worse for me; he has one of the few works cars on the track, and still insists on sticking it up the inside on the grass like at Brands to push privateers out the way. How much advantage does he feel he needs?

If you don't like him than that's fair enough but it's an interesting statistic! He has caused some but I'd question 'most'.

Still - it'a always a shame to loose someone - but it's only a game so however passionate we all are about it, life goes on!

We all have people we back - I'm sure other teams feel like they've been hampered by JP from time to time!

On the Neal and Shedden thing, it's a bit like saying if we (SEAT) hadn't made silly mistakes (and major screw ups) we'd have won a championship! Even we knew that! If you look back at the points in 2007 you'll find several places where we would've won had we not messed up. That's racing and why we love it no?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members