NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I think you should consider banning thread titles that contain things like

"Emergency....."
"..Read This Now...."
" Help Needed Now..."
" Help me please..."

etc.

99% of the time they're not an emergency. Certainly not when the the thread is read three days / weeks later. Using such titles draws far too much emphasis to the thread.

If I picked up a newspaper and there was a headline in red that said "Important, read this first" then I would. But I would get pretty peed off if time after time, the content was no different from most other articles in the paper. :shrug:

Last edited:

HarveyGTI

but DPJ....my comments, questions or queries are always urgent:p:lol:

that is true, things like this could be done with quietening down

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Yep. You're warming to my suggestion, aren't you. :D
Did you read post #13 in that thread? ;)

I didn't get that far down tbh. I read the title and a few words of the first line then decided it wasn't life threatening and moved on to the next thread. :D

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I tend to agree and think quite a few of them should end up in the scrapyard section. We could all shout "EMERGENCY EMERGENCY" to grab attention to our issue, but aren't most of our threads related to asking for some kind of help or assistance from forum members? Even if it is 'urgent' if you try and hint at the problem in the title you will probably reach the people who can provide an answer quicker.

Personally, because I don't have a great mechanical knowledge I tend to scan thread titles and only read ones that a) I can help with because I do happen to know a bit about it, or b) find the topic interesting and think I may learn from it. I tend not to read threads like the ones you mention, or if I do I normally get half way through the first post and move on.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Vague thread titles in general are annoying.

"Does anyone know..."

"How do I..."

"Has anyone got..."

That kind of thing.

[:@][:@]grips my ****,do those threads.[:@][:@]

and its been retard week for classifieds too[:@]

Last edited:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
And another Help!

Admins - could we please update and repeat the forum etiquette message that members have to click to agree before they can post?
Perhaps with particular emphasis on this topic, txt spk, and the "I raced a eurofighter and won" threads.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
my tdi stomped on.......... all the bloody time. i reckon thats why Audi went Tdi for le mans after reading the mk4 section.

oh and Vs, gets real boring.

especialy the TDi vs Petrol debates. christ they are repetative.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I do agree the "help" and "emergency" threads are annoying :( And the "what's the best..." threads, the "wooshy" DV threads, txt spk threads, the "I raced a..." threads, the "which is fastest" threads...

Anyway, slightly off topic... what are people's opinions of "digging up old threads"?

I mean, if someone were to start a new thread about something, the thread is bombarded with posts like "use the bloody search :ban:" or "if I read another thread like this I'm gonna kick the cat :censored:" or whatever...

But, a few times recently I've used the search and found almost what I'm looking for, and I've posted in an old thread... which is followed by posts along the lines of "old thread alert! :rolleyes:" or "this thread is from last year! :banned:" and the like.

So, which would be the preferred way of posting? :confused: Seems you can't win sometimes :(

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
My 2 pence worth is that it's better to keep all the relevant (key word that ;) ) information in one thread so it's got to be better to use an old thread than to start a new one and have two threads about the same issue.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
thats why the admins and mods get cheesed off with some threads,that go off topic,the model specific area's of the forum are a resorce of info.
if you want to go **** waving about racing or some such nonsense,then we have a section thats purged for this very reason.If you think that a thread you start just might get put into the scrapyard,then post it in shite you write.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
my tdi stomped on.......... all the bloody time. i reckon thats why Audi went Tdi for le mans after reading the mk4 section.

oh and Vs, gets real boring.

especialy the TDi vs Petrol debates. christ they are repetative.

They do Ant, TDi's rule!

It is really annoying all the Vs threads, I don't really care that you came up against a rubbish Saxo and stomped all over him, or the Leon beat the M3 easily.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise