Timing Chain Snapped - Out of Warranty

Lordy

I contacted Watchdog when this happened to my 52 Ibiza and they put it on their files. I have since got rid of my Ibiza and am currently trying to seal the doors on my Toledo cos of another SEAT design fault (see another thread!!!!) If a few of us contact Watchdog I'm sure they will have to do something about it and I wouldn't mind getting back some of the £480 I spent on it! Let me know how you get on!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
joeg, you are quite right when you say that VW forums for small cars are not really very "tech wise", I'm a VW owner B5 Passat and 9N Polo and I find that Skoda owner/drivers are best followed by Seat owner/drivers and then VW owner/drivers - so don't feel like an outsider on this forum - its the same family after all. Good luck with trying to shame VAG though, I'm sure that they would improve if more people forced them to.

By the way, I mentioned this very problem to the Seat salesman that my daughter bought her new Ibiza SC from last month - nice and honest sounding guy, but he had never heard about this "out of warranty engine failure" - that did not surprise me though as even the dealer techs on these sites mainly have not seen any or many engines damaged by this failure. So it looks like the VAG dealer community just clamps up on this sort of problem!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.