Track Day

Who has done a track day?
Looking at taking my car on track next year, probably blyton park, snetterton or Cadwell park.

haven't yet done this so will be going on a novice one first.

What would I need to do to my car? Or best things to have on my car for the day?

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Make sure your tyres and brakes are in good condition, check fluid levels and clear your car of anything unsecured that could move around at speed.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Who has done a track day?
Looking at taking my car on track next year, probably blyton park, snetterton or Cadwell park.

haven't yet done this so will be going on a novice one first.

What would I need to do to my car? Or best things to have on my car for the day?
I would definately recommend that you give Blyton Park a try for your first track session as its very forgiving and most (almost all) corners have run off's!:blink:;)

If you do fancy a track session around here then give me a shout as im usually found knocking around some tracks and would happily come on a day with you. Its always more of a laugh with more people anyway!:funk:

I would definately recommend that you give Blyton Park a try for your first track session as its very forgiving and most (almost all) corners have run off's!:blink:;)

If you do fancy a track session around here then give me a shout as im usually found knocking around some tracks and would happily come on a day with you. Its always more of a laugh with more people anyway!:funk:

Well getting a driving experience for Christmas at blyton park doing the 5 car one so that will give me a taster! But yeah that sounds good to me mate, what tracks do you go around?

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Well getting a driving experience for Christmas at blyton park doing the 5 car one so that will give me a taster! But yeah that sounds good to me mate, what tracks do you go around?
Great stuff buddy, that'll be fun. I'm usually at Blyton but have also done Donnington, Castle Coombe and Knockhill (when I lived in Scotland!) ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have done a few.

Main thing I'd say is get higher spec brake fluid in there - the first time I did it, the brake fluid boiled up which made slowing down for corners pretty interesting with a dead brake pedal.

Also, turn up with a full tank of fuel - I burned a tank in about 60 or 70 miles in the blue car :)

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
That sounds good fun! What's The price for Blyton? Is there any organised track days on there for seat or vag? Best get saving for some decent tyres for next year haha!
The price varies but usually around £100 for an open Trackday. Try looking on Javelin/Apex etc.......

There is an organised VAG day towards the end of July next year which has been booked and organised by LVSR in Lincoln. Give Andy/Pat a ring and they'll give you the details. They usually have the boys from REVO there along with the likes of Forge etc too!

I'll be there with bells on buddy!:funk:

Oh, and defo listen to Al........BRAKES ARE THE FIRST THINGS THAT WILL GO!:blink:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Last trackday (taster session) the brakes on my Cupra got bloody hot after 6 laps of Oulton Park, I'm there again on Wednesday for a full day so will be interesting to see how they hold out.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I done my 1st trackday at the start of November at Croft. The only handling upgrades I've done are H&R lowering springs and Aks big brake kit, I was very happy with the way my car handled. I've read that a few people say the LSD makes a big difference on the track so I'm after a diff and a set of wheels to put track tyres on for a few trackday next year.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members