Trip Computer Error

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
I've owned a 100ps Sport 1.4 for nearly a year, i've recently started to have to travel long distance and i believe that their is a fault with the computer. The mileage to fill up ALWAYS seems to be massivly out. I consistantly drive 70 miles with it reading 0. Is this normal for their to be this bigger discrepancy in the reading.

Average MPG btw is 39 According to the cpu, and i havent remapped or altered the car in any way.

The analog needle still seems to be accurate. The needle always shows 1/8th left when the trip cpu show 0.

I've taken it to the stealers on 3 seperate occasions and they always tell me that there's nothing wrong with it, is this true??

boomhauwer

1.4 TDI Turbomotive :D
Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
if you want to check your fuel levels,fuel gauges can not be trusted. CPU also not.

(check topgear's 750miles journey)

if you want to know your real fuel consumption, reset the daytrip when you fill it up and check how many miles you can ride on one tank .

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
The trip computer's are pretty inaccurate - I've had them over and under read on different cars.

I think the miles remaining function is set pretty conservatively to give a bit of a safety margin

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise