TT Shifter?

seant

Looking for the TT short shift linkage,
Part No : 8N0 711 046 or 8N0 711 051 (One replaced the other I believe)

ttshifter.jpg

Found this for mk4 golf.

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/5_Speed_Genuine_Short_Shift_Kit-2250-238.html

Looks similar in the picture apart from the ball joint but I think that is the part that was changed, hence the new part number.
No part number provided on the website unfortunately.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Cheers :)

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Got one in the boot, 046 is the end of the part number. I picked it up last week and its sat in my boot ever since so cant guarantee it fits, lol.

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Ask user Mat@SWS to check through his receipts for the part number, as i recently fitted one to my old car and the receipt for it is in the car handbook pack.

Mat

can't bloody find it

will have another flick through

Found it, description wasn't clear enough :p Just says lever lol

Part number is:

8N0711046

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Thats the one, it definetly fits, just compare the length of the connectors that connects it to the gear cables, then set it up roughly when you fit it. Then check where abouts the gear lever sits inside the car and adjust the connector so the lever sits central.

Cupra Gsy

Jul 13, 2008
Where do you actually get these short shifts for the Cupra mk3 and with a B&M short throw gear stick would the gears be to tight?

seant

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/...-2250-238.html

so does this one fit the cupra mk3???

does it make much of a diffrence??

that link doesn't seem to have anything to do with shifters :blink:

Where do you actually get these short shifts for the Cupra mk3 and with a B&M short throw gear stick would the gears be to tight?

as far as I can tell from other threads it should work with the B&M kit aswell. Im hoping someone can show me where to get it, I dont know if I'll have to go to an Audi dealer or if I can get one from the net, hopefully the one in the link in my original post is the one we need for our mk3's

Last edited by a moderator:

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Best place is an Audi dealer, as it may be brand inhibited to other VAG manufacturers, meaning that they can't order it.
It's around £20-25 for the TT shifter.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
i got my short shifter from alex at tts - cost about £20 - the b and m one (replica) from ebay at the similar price. Both fitted and very impressed. Someone on here said you can change the b and m one from inside without having to get underneath the car but couldnt see how they did that.
ill put some picks up soon if you want to see it.

cheers

seant

i got my short shifter from alex at tts - cost about £20 - the b and m one (replica) from ebay at the similar price. Both fitted and very impressed. Someone on here said you can change the b and m one from inside without having to get underneath the car but couldnt see how they did that.
ill put some picks up soon if you want to see it.

cheers

Links for both would be ideal mate! :D

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
http://www.ttsroadsport.com/
i dont think alex works there anymore but you can try calling them. numbers on their website and ask for the short shifter

Cant get you a link to the B & M one as im at work and ebay a no no.
Try searching on ebay for B&M/Vag/replica - something should come up. Feels knotchy at first but that gets better

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Neuspeed SS is a lot more money than the TT one but meant to offer a 40% reduction in throw as opposed to 20% using the TT shifter. I'm using the Neuspeed one as I couldn't be assed with the hassle of getting a TT and doubling it up with the B&M to get roughly the same results as the Neuspeed alone.

Would be interested to hear from anyone running a B&M and Neuspeed - uber short throws

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.