Turbo Inlet Pipe & Elbows EA888 Gen 3 OPF

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
As per the title, I’ve been looking at different options for:

- Turbo inlet pipe work (and/or separate elbow) depending on manufacturer
- Turbo muffler delete
- Turbo blankets

I’ve been impressed with the efforts from this blog in terms of flow comparisons:

However, after some real world advice with respect to quality/durability.

Ordinarily, I would prefer to use a single brand for all and I’m drawn to MST (no previous knowledge) or Forge (always rated their quality when working on Caterhams).

I would also consider Racingline etc but many of their products look very similar to VAGSport or RamAir - are these just rebranded versions of the same equipment?

Also fitting to stock (for now) OPF EA888 Gen 3 with Pipercross panel filter (and tbc Pikey R600) - I assume that there are no issues with OPF/emissions control post fitment?

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I recently fitted an MST elbow and intake pipe to my brother's polo git (ea888 1.8) and would say there is no real quality difference between that and my racingline elbow with ramair pipe. Both really good quality products. I went for the ramair pipe over the racingline one purely on it being half the price!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: black_sheep

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
As per the title, I’ve been looking at different options for:

- Turbo inlet pipe work (and/or separate elbow) depending on manufacturer
- Turbo muffler delete
- Turbo blankets

I’ve been impressed with the efforts from this blog in terms of flow comparisons:

However, after some real world advice with respect to quality/durability.

Ordinarily, I would prefer to use a single brand for all and I’m drawn to MST (no previous knowledge) or Forge (always rated their quality when working on Caterhams).

I would also consider Racingline etc but many of their products look very similar to VAGSport or RamAir - are these just rebranded versions of the same equipment?

Also fitting to stock (for now) OPF EA888 Gen 3 with Pipercross panel filter (and tbc Pikey R600) - I assume that there are no issues with OPF/emissions control post fitment?

On that site he seems to find muffler delete produces no gain?

Reactions: black_sheep

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Apologies for bumping my own thread.

The single piece inlet pipes/elbows don’t appear to have the additional mounting bracket that the separate elbows have. Any advice re: security of fitment?

Attachments

• 1D30E622-DBFE-49CD-9925-D05FFDA773D8.jpeg
    1D30E622-DBFE-49CD-9925-D05FFDA773D8.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 125
  • AAF4FDD0-02E6-4F2A-9B8B-C2B568FE3C56.jpeg
    AAF4FDD0-02E6-4F2A-9B8B-C2B568FE3C56.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 116

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I use the Ramair intake pipe and I got my turbo elbow from AliExpress.

Total cost for both was about £70 (also got the Ramair panel filter)

The elbow fit perfectly and quality was very good. The intake pipe is an intake pipe and fit fine. I don't see why anyone would spend silly money on one.

I'll be changing to the Ramair intake soon though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members