Tyre wear

Jul 3, 2023
Just wondering how long tyres are lasting on people's formentors.

I have the 245 VZ2 which I got on the 1st march and got a puncture the other day. Went to kwikfit and the guy said the puncture wasn't repairable and the tread of the front two tyres was 3mm so said they should be replaced.

I've only done 8300 miles, I've enjoyed driving the car and probably had a heavy foot from time to time but surprised I need two new tyres after such a short time/distance.

Was wondering if this was normal or how long other people's factory fitted tyres lasted them?

Reactions: TheSwede

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
310 VZ2, Bridgestone Turanza T005, Approx. 10000 miles

3.5mm and 4.1mm on the front (oddly)
4.5mm on both rears

The legal tyre tread depth for cars in the UK and Europe is 1.6mm across the central three-quarters.

I don't intend to change any of them until I have too, because I'll buy 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 at once and take any discounts I can get. Reason being that Goodyear used the Formentor VZ2 as a demo vehicle, probably for the testing development too.

Not that I don't fancy the better looking Pilot Sport 5, but Goodyear have even outdone the 4S in a class above with their latest effort, in a lot of areas that matter to me.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
VZ2 245 Hybrid at 17K miles, fronts are about to be replaced at 3mm tread left. I would imagine running on the 100bhp electric motor for moving off reduces wear through traction, although it can still be pretty quick off the mark.

Reactions: FormentorPhill
Jul 3, 2023
Seems like it's not the norm then, i'm surprised I really don't think I drive in a manner that would wear the tyres that much.

I've got two Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6's on now so will see how long they last.

Reactions: Karbonfaiba

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
At a guess they probably weight about 20% more than the equivalent petrol so that will have an impact too if comparing with your previous cars

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.