What replacement tyres y'all getting that don't cost a fortune?

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Have a snoop around the Michelin site, sometimes they have cash back offerings... 😉

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Had a quick look at Costco Goodyear AS vs Toyo's on Black circles (which I'd get over the more expensive options) - after adding in the fitting fee plus ~£35 a year membership (which I'd probably not use separately), I'd be saving about £25 in total - but would have to drive a 50 mile round trip to get them fitted - whereas black circles I can get fitted 5 mins away. So works out pretty much the same... I suppose with the Goodyear at Costco I have a slightly better tyre for that price, but it doesn't make a huge difference for the type of driving I'm doing.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
For anyone buying just a pair of tyres to replace worn front tyres, I’ve read on some other forums that Costco will always fit the new tyres on the rear of the car and swap the part-worn rears to the front. Whether new tyres should be fitted to the front or rear of the car periodically comes up for discussion on forums - the approach adopted by Costco is consistent with the advice given on many tyre manufacturers and tyre retailers websites as it reduces risk of potential oversteer and losing control of the back end of the car in certain conditions / situations.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Ah Lift-off oversteer 🤩

Was brilliant for navigating roundabouts quickly in hot hatches in the 80's 90's and n00ghties.

Lowering the tyre pressure slightly in the rears could tame and control the amount.

Bu if it was my money, I would want to choose where the rubber I payed for went.

Reactions: Seastormer

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Call me a fan of the pilot sport 5.

What would you say are the biggest differences from the Turanza T005 you had on a VZ2 in terms of traction, road noise and comfort? Any scrubbing in launch control?

Different types of tyre so you would hope for a big difference, Bridgestone sometimes send the T005 to test v PS5, kind of indicates how good the T005 actually was when viewing the results..

Do most tyres have the proud rubbing strip that tries to protect wheels... the tyres I have do have this and so far protected the wheels

Most P Zero's, Eagle F1's & Potenza's do..

I suppose with the Goodyear at Costco I have a slightly better tyre for that price, but it doesn't make a huge difference for the type of driving I'm doing.

Could make a huge difference if you need to stop quick or take avoiding action but who knows, no right or wrong..