Useful / Trivial Things You May Not Know About Your Leon . . .

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Also as I've found today, If you give the throttle pedal a prod in 3rd with the traction control gismo switched off it turns your front tyres into blue smoke. Me and the mrs were both like :-o:-o

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
now now , he is just excited , as we all were once we got our new cars , it will pass with time , dont you remember than warm fuzzy feeling when you had your new car?

Co2

May 2, 2007
Always thought the wing mirrors moving together was an electrical fault on my FR until traded it for a Cupra K1 and it did the same thing!

Found it a tad annoying to be honest but at least I know which to adjsust first now.

Cant say ive ever adjusted them (or felt the need to) for parking but now I know that its not a fault and the purpose of it

If you have the optional screen you can access confort configurations and enable/disable that feature.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
now now , he is just excited , as we all were once we got our new cars , it will pass with time , dont you remember than warm fuzzy feeling when you had your new car?

Yeah but then I found the heated seats dial and turned them off :lol:

Nocturnity

I might have been trippin slgihtly, but I'm sure if you have music on at a moderate volume then put your foot down the volume increases to compensate the extra cabin noise. Has anyone noticed this?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Thanks for that inane comment.
Whilst I appreciate you must be very excited about your not quite new car do you really think the members of this forum deserve a moment by moment diary
of events regarding how much your tyres smoke, whether you can score free wiper blades (unlikely), how much your insurance is etc. :confused:

Just to add to your apparent jealousy

:clap: I did score some free wiper blades, Would you like to see some close up pics of how nice and shiny new they are. :bleh:

The old ones are going cheap If you're in need of some slightly streaky ones :D

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
If you use the econ button on the heater controls it means the aircon isnt running all the time and its amazing what you save on fuel. Im getting an extra 5-8 mpg depending on how heavy the right foot is ;)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
If you use the econ button on the heater controls it means the aircon isnt running all the time and its amazing what you save on fuel. Im getting an extra 5-8 mpg depending on how heavy the right foot is ;)

I find it makes pretty much no difference at all on mine!

Poverty

Unlikely, I'm well happy with my 57 2.0 TFSI FR DSG in Black Magic, bought in February 2009 with 385 miles on it for just under £12K

nath got a 6 month old one for 9k I think.

Deal of the century guy has us all beat :)

Scotsguard

I might have been trippin slgihtly, but I'm sure if you have music on at a moderate volume then put your foot down the volume increases to compensate the extra cabin noise. Has anyone noticed this?

It certainly does. I think it's possible to switch that function off in the stereo menu if you want to.

As for the wipers going to horizontal position when the engine is off, I'm sure doing that disables the little pause you get when travelling above 80 (on a private road obviously) with the wipers on. Do it again to re-enable it.

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Here's something odd. For those with steering wheel controls. You can fast forward a cd track while stationary but not when moving, holding down the skip buton just skips tracks. But do it while your sat still and it forwards through a track.

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Might be coz I have the rns510 satnav?

Deffo doesn't fast forward through the track when in driving, just skips. Although the controls work on the touchscreen ok (press and hold fast forward).

acyv

How can we see boost pressure on MFD screen? I've seen some cars like that.

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Heres another.

Hold the "Audio" button in for about 5-6 seconds....

There is an "Exit" function, you havent broken the radio!!!

I've tried this on my standard MP3 unit and nothing happens. Is it with the key in or out, ignition on or off, or anything else?

I can change and save the audio settings, but if I keep my finger on Audio for five seconds, it goes back to the normal screen.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise