Useful / Trivial Things You May Not Know About Your Leon . . .

nicbad

Automatically locking doors

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone of you knows if the Leon automatically locks the doors when you leave the car if you accidentally forgot to lock them (just like it does by shutting the lights off when you forget them)
Thanks

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
something new i found - if you go go to wash your windscreen and no fluid comes out (frozen or empty) to stop the wipers smearing dirt or ice pull back the wiper stalk twice quickly and it cancels the wipers (i was bored in a traffic jam a while ago) :)

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
I've noticed that if you push and hold the + button on the Steering wheel volume control it mutes the missus

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
Wiper fact: If you leave the wipers on and take the key out of the iginition. When you restart the car and drive away the wipers don't start straight away, they wait for you to reach a certain speed first

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Wiper fact: If you leave the wipers on and take the key out of the iginition. When you restart the car and drive away the wipers don't start straight away, they wait for you to reach a certain speed first

AFAIK, they don't come back on unless you move the wiper stalk. Mine don't anyway.

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
[/QUOTE] *Not very useful but if you put your hand in the way of the window when it's on it's way up, it detects an obsticle and goes down so that you don't get your fingers crushed/chopped off. This then disables the one click up and down function for that window for a minute or so. [\QUOTE]

tried this like a donut. Don't work. Useful for chopping the mrs fingers off though!!

[/QUOTE]*When in the right position, both mirrors are adjusted simultaneously (this can be switched off if you have bluetooth with the larger MFD) this is useful for parking in bays as all you have to do it push the switch down, and both mirrors will point at the floor, clearly showing the lines of the bay. [\QUOTE]

mine just does them one by one. Is this an option I need to enable?

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
Activate DVD playback while driving (MFD3 RNS 510)

***** Be aware that this setting is not allowed in many countries on public roads, so be careful *****

Instructions

1. Insert DVD and start Playback.

2. Move the car until the screen turns black and the security message is displayed.

3. Stop the car

4. Press the Voice Command button on your steering wheel.

5. Directly after press the Tone button on the MFD, (you should hear a chime signal).

6. DVD Playback should stop for a split second but continues thereafter.

7. Done!

CupraR1

The Future's Orange
Dec 27, 2005
Preston
Quality info from everyone but can someone tell me or give me a link to getting my satnav running off an SD card, I have dragged it over on mi PC but when I put it in my slot it tells me no media inserted. Cheers for help

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Quality info from everyone but can someone tell me or give me a link to getting my satnav running off an SD card, I have dragged it over on mi PC but when I put it in my slot it tells me no media inserted. Cheers for help

If your systme is an RNS310 (seat media system 2) then you have to install the satnav onto the SD card via the Media System (It explains in more detail in the hand book).

KEVINTHEGERBILE

I might have been trippin slgihtly, but I'm sure if you have music on at a moderate volume then put your foot down the volume increases to compensate the extra cabin noise. Has anyone noticed this?

I think this is classed as svc on the standard radio is a standard setting that you can change between low mid high and depending on your speed it increase's the volume to compensate for ambiant noise.

densil

Feb 22, 2007
One thing I like (which admittedly is very basic) is that when I am using cruise control and want to switch it off because I see the traffic slowing ahead. But I dont want to break or press the clutch or fully switch the cruise control off using the stalk switch. Well if you push the stalk switch just slightly so it doesnt "click" to the full off position it will switch the cruise control off so you can coast to a slower pace.

Very basic, but I like it and seems the slickest way to switch it off.

KEVINTHEGERBILE

I find with mine that I fill it up one weekend and it mysteriously has none in it by the next, when I need it, funny how the wife don't know how it happens!!!

tehguy

Sep 9, 2010
One thing I like (which admittedly is very basic) is that when I am using cruise control and want to switch it off because I see the traffic slowing ahead. But I dont want to break or press the clutch or fully switch the cruise control off using the stalk switch. Well if you push the stalk switch just slightly so it doesnt "click" to the full off position it will switch the cruise control off so you can coast to a slower pace.

Very basic, but I like it and seems the slickest way to switch it off.

That's the 'cancel' switch, most cars with cruise control have a button for it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.