User opinions - Forge intercoolers

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hi all,

I just wanted to get some user opinions on the intercoolers from forge, especially on the LCR race intercooler vs. the smaller one.

First I thought of buying the "little", then changed my mind to having the race intercooler. As I dont want to be in a situation where I would regret not getting the race intercooler.

At the moment I havent decided which one to get, but I do know I want a "plug and play" one, where I dont have to cut in my bumper etc.

Best regards,

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Have you not considered a universal jobby, perhaps the quality isnt as good as the forge but should think the right sized one will be good for 280bhp.
Save you some pennies too!!

Dec 19, 2006
Fitted a forge intercooler to my LC, the kit is pretty much plug and play and the quality is excellent along with the customer service, found that I had to trim part of my bumper down which was unexpected but after that everything went back on fine.
Also helped fit one on my mates LCR, again the kit and intercooler fitted with no problems although it was the smaller one we fitted as the new race spec one wasn't out then.
Would definitly reccomend their intercoolers, both cars have seen good gains through the intercooler and other supporting mods along with Jabbasport remaps.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Have you not considered a universal jobby, perhaps the quality isnt as good as the forge but should think the right sized one will be good for 280bhp.
Save you some pennies too!!

I like the idea of getting a new crashbar which is prepared for the installation, and then I dont have to think so much about parts etc... LOL

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I am using the Forge std LCR Intercooler and you've seen my power figures. I don't think the intercooler is restrictive. :)

Well, if you can make 360hp with the std forge, then it might be OK for a remapped stage 2... :lol:

Dec 19, 2006
Sounds like your sold on getting a forge intercooler then ;-) the modified crash bar in the kit makes the installation easy and you'll have a few spare bits left over as well lol

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Sounds like your sold on getting a forge intercooler then ;-) the modified crash bar in the kit makes the installation easy and you'll have a few spare bits left over as well lol

Yeah might be correct, if forge just wanted to sell me one, then it would be cool... :lol:

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Well, havent had it on a track yet, but I REALLY hate when the hot summer weather steals the performance....

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
It'll be fine mate, im running pro alloy which is also a massive cooler and standard (at min) K04 has no problems filling it, picks up just fine.

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
I am considering the same intercooler so wanted to hear what you think about it?
dos it fit well?
did you get it measured after it is installed?
I can see we live in the same country, i would like to know where you bought it?
could you find it cheaper anywhere?

hope to hear more from you.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I am considering the same intercooler so wanted to hear what you think about it?
dos it fit well?
did you get it measured after it is installed?
I can see we live in the same country, i would like to know where you bought it?
could you find it cheaper anywhere?

hope to hear more from you.

I bought it directly from Forge UK, the fitment is fine, I howewer had to bend the crashbar on the edge, as the guidiance pins for the bumper was wrong, not a problem at all.

Was measure to 223/260nm with stock settings on stage 2 remap.
Havent had it dynoed since. But will eventually do it. (FMIC and Blueflame exhuast added since)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.