waiting for my FR ... THE WAIT IS OVER !!!! :)

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
got a candy white FR TDI on order since october. found out today that i should have the car on Jan 18th. Would anyone happen to have any idea whether the car would even be built yet? i was quoted a 12 week wait. Do the spanish shut for xmas?

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
should be shipped and on a boat this week i guess... (takes about 4 weeks from when loaded on boat)

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
iam so excited!!!!! sold my LCR the other week, now got a VW Jetta as a hire car ( and its awful). Looking forward to having a nice new car!

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

can sometimes take longer than 12 weeks,

i would say your car has just got out the factory

Irfan

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
also, cos its a company car, I have absolutely no idea which dealer it is going to ! it'll arrive at my house on the back of a low loader.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Mine (cupra) left the factory on 30th November, apparently it takes about 10 days on the boat including customs. Then 1 day to be delivered to the dealer, then 1.5 hours for PDI!
Apparently it's not on the boat yet :( (not sure what it's been doing the last 12 days!).

With Ford's they tend to quote 4 weeks from leaving the production line to the end user. They go to a holding compund and they are then transported across, PDi tax and registration can take place on the day the car is due to be delivered to you.

anthb

Nov 8, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
I placed my 12 week order for my candy white cupra on the 25th Oct and have been told it's just been built and that allowing for the factory shut down and xmas that it will be 4 to 6 weeks away still (which works out between 1 week early and 1 week late i think)

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Lots of candy white cars, i am due my candy white cupra on the 25 th January, cant wait either!!!

My mk1 FRD is getting its last month of real heavy full bore thrashing now:whistle::whistle:

I hope none of you buy it;) Its had 80,000 miles of proper driving:funk:

Saying that though, its not missed a beat. (Only one crash though, my fault threw it into a hedgerow)

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
had a phone call yesterday saying that it will be arriving 2 weeks earlier than previously expected.

Being delivered to my house on the 4th Jan !!!!! even got the reg number now, still not sure which dealer its comin from though.

ROLL ON FRIDAY !!!!!

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Ordered mine on the 22nd December (Candy White FR) and am being told by the dealer to expect delivery early to mid feb :) which sounds really quick compared to all your delivery times mentioned above!

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
THE WAIT IS OVER !!!!!

Delivered to my house this morning - Candy White FR TDI with 18's and Bluetooth!

I am in love with this car already!

Now to change my signature picture...

anthb

Nov 8, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
You lucky s@d.

I'm trying to get a date out of my dealer to make sure I'm in the area and not away on business. I think they thought telling me it's reg would be enough to make me go away....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.