Warning about any remap and Warranty

Apr 14, 2011
I know I can't spell haha dosnt bother me as long as it looks right ! Haha and you could still tell what it ment ;)

Last edited:

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Well the technology is there to do this. Afterall flash your Android phone with a new rom and it will show a error mark that youve done it (the fact people have worked about it is another matter).

I for one have always been a fan of mapping, but have always done it to out of warranty cars with strong engines. The 1.4 in the Cupra is all ready tuned fairly hard for a 1.4. My cars still in warranty and is on finance so modding it is abit of a no no.

I bought mine used so would be concerned if I started having issues and was told it was mapped, when no mapping has been done since ive owned it. I guess the only way of knowing is to put it on a dyno.

Deleted member 49882

There is clearly a market for mapping. SEAT should take a leaf out of Ford's book (Montune) and offer an in-house mapping service that will not affect your warranty. That is, of course, if they have confidence in their own product!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I agree with you! They would obviously charge more but at least its covered. I thought Revo was the Seats closest alternative. Apparently not.
Still no word. I've not got a good feeling though.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
:( Sorry to hear this... I certainly wouldn't touch the new engines, between this and the Leon 2.0 TFSI issues I have read about (at least I think I have)... I can't help feeling reliability has gone down the pan since the tough old 1.8T lumps...

Fingers crossed for you

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
My car has been in since this new technology became available, it was at an audi/vw garage that also did warrenty work for seats. The advice of seat hq after the report was sent back was to investigate the catalytic converter as i had the newest software, it still had revo on it but turned back to stock. So they 100% couldnt tell i had revo on it.

Having said that they asked me the time before if i had plugged anything into it. And I said, yes the AA scanned the ecu when the emmissions light came on and I called him out on the side of the motorway. I then mentioned about reclaiming the cost of the callout due to a problem under warrenty that seat should be footing the bill for.

Im confident they can only tell its been written to,but that leaves it open to all sorts, not just re-mapping. and if you go into the dealership with 100% standard code, ie not revo switched to std, even if they dig into the code or have one of Seats HQ technicians come down, they wont be able to tell. We shall see.......

Apr 23, 2010
Here
There is clearly a market for mapping. SEAT should take a leaf out of Ford's book (Montune) and offer an in-house mapping service that will not affect your warranty. That is, of course, if they have confidence in their own product!

Hence my reason for considering Volvo with a Polestar map come changeover date. Although I don't have a 1.4TSi, my 2.0TDi has been spot on with a map for over two years :)

As for the flash counter, mine was reset to 0. No idea about this new software they have, but we have an A4 2.0TFSi which had Revo on it. Started to run really rough, turned out a spark plug had broke and it ended up needing a new head. They never said anything about it being mapped, although the map has now been removed.

Marty.H

Jul 29, 2012
Norfolk
With the subaru's the dealer could tell with the injector duty cycle and that and the dealer will know what calibration the ECU should be running they will simply take the hex dump / calibration of the ECU and compare it to a stock one that should be on there its not rocket science to do that and to see its been played with.

There is even software on my laptop that can read the ECU to see how many times the eprom has been written to and the dealer will also have a record of the ECU on the car to show how many times they have written to it. So there is no pulling the wool over there eyes im afraid :(

A lot of ECU's now log everything that only the dealer level + software can go down to so there is not much you can hide from them nowerdays

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Am I missing something.....

If your seat dealer is also a revo dealer surely them saying its revo fault would be a stupid idea as they promote and sell that product?

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Good luck with it mate, got my fingers crossed that I don't end up with any major problems.

To tell you the truth though, since I had my Jabba map done and fitted the NGK BKR7EIX it's been brilliant, oil consumption is significantly lower than before. We'll see what happens further down the line though, only done 25k so far.

Cupra~Matt

It is not hard for dealership to tell if a ECU has been flashed with a different map.
Seats standard map will consists of 1 and 0 and standard letters.

Company's that create new software for the ecu make the code with *&%$:~@ symbols in, doesn't take a genius to see that its been mapped then, even with revo set back to standard.

Hoping that you get this sorted... they are great little cars when they work, but there is always the little worry of... when is it next going to misfire / break on me again. And then when you take it back to the garage you get fobbed off with new plugs and breather hoses from the technical guys in Milton Keynes.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
With the subaru's the dealer could tell with the injector duty cycle and that and the dealer will know what calibration the ECU should be running they will simply take the hex dump / calibration of the ECU and compare it to a stock one that should be on there its not rocket science to do that and to see its been played with.

There is even software on my laptop that can read the ECU to see how many times the eprom has been written to and the dealer will also have a record of the ECU on the car to show how many times they have written to it. So there is no pulling the wool over there eyes im afraid :(

A lot of ECU's now log everything that only the dealer level + software can go down to so there is not much you can hide from them nowerdays

Its not the dealer, the dealer are excellent, as i've said previously they want to help. They know its not the revo as they've fixed a standard boc with the same issues. The problem will arise if they have to send an error report to Seat Technical. It wont be the revo put back to stock it will be a Seat map flashed over the Revo which they can apparently still see. Were not 100% if it is the same on ECU's which have been opened to break encryption and the earlier non encrypted ECU's.

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Good luck with it mate, got my fingers crossed that I don't end up with any major problems.

To tell you the truth though, since I had my Jabba map done and fitted the NGK BKR7EIX it's been brilliant, oil consumption is significantly lower than before. We'll see what happens further down the line though, only done 25k so far.

Where did you get your plus from? Have you got a link? I looked for them there all NGK BKR7EIX but it says fits (car name) after but there's none for Ibiza cupra. Are they all the same?

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Where did you get your plus from? Have you got a link? I looked for them there all NGK BKR7EIX but it says fits (car name) after but there's none for Ibiza cupra. Are they all the same?

Hi Luke,

My Uncle runs a motorfactor chain so I got them through him, but I did find a link to some on Amazon for Aaron_Cupra, and they were a better price than I got, this is the link;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NGK-IRIDIUM-.../dp/B001GD5QTA

I asked Kev at Jabbasport which ones they were for buying them and also currently have them fitted to my car, so they are the correct ones.

Just make sure you use the narrowest 16mm plug socket possible... it is tight in there lol.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Still stands unfortunatly. With the new software it will flag an error if you've had or have a map on your car :(

Aug 3, 2011
If Seat flashed your car with an updated map, wouldnt that mess the counter up. Though I suppose, it would be on thier system saying they had updated it. hmmm.

Jay

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.