Weedy Sounding Horn

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
I understand I'm not the only one to have issues with this. I rang the dealer and they confirm my car has a single mounted horn which I would like to replace.

Is anybody aware of a proven dual tone horn that I can buy that will fit straight in and not require any wire rejig? The cheaper the better.

Also is there a way where I don't have to removed the bumper?

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
The only horn that you won’t have to modify the wiring plug on is the factory oem part that’s supposed to be on there. There is no cheap like for like swap. You should be able to get the car on a ramp take off the under tray and maybe be able to remove the horn. But that depends on where your horn is mounted on your car.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Been to scrap yard and got myself a working horn that sounds ok. How can I fit this where I don't have to take the bumper off? Can it be done through the wheel arch?

Oct 8, 2022
Managed to do this through the near side fig light trim. All successful. Works fine.
I did it too, but I´ve removed the wheel to get to the horn. Could not figure out how to remove the fog light...
I´ve installed HELLA horn 400 and 500Hz with VAG connectors.
Bought a female connector for the second horn. How did you managed the cables, and where was the second horn fixed? Have you replaced the horn support?

EDIT: Sorry... Did not noted that I was in the MK2 forum... Mine is a new MK4.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
I was going to say that I removed a screw and gave the fog light a quarter turn. Good luck with your MK4.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.