WeeG Stage 3 APR Leon Cupra R mk2 TFSI (Banana) 436.5bhp 438.2lbs/ft torque

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Time and £££££££££ wasted due to revo. I used to think their maps were the best, I was wrong. Live and learn, dont believe everything you are told.

Nothing personal against them, but I wouldnt do business with them again and leave it at that.

REVO are still working on there 2+ software. The stage 1 software on my car should be released early this month as there new REVO stage 1 map.

Giving the car a good wash and polish today :)

Poverty

REVO are still working on there 2+ software. The stage 1 software on my car should be released early this month as there new REVO stage 1 map.

Giving the car a good wash and polish today :)

Did they say whats new or being changed?

Hopefully no more flat spot I presume

Poverty

Fuelling is Being trimmed down the lower rev range to allow cooler egt temps this allowing higher fuelling in the mid and high rev range for prolonged and greater power

Sounds like what I was saying in the APR vs Revo thread then! Humble pie AL? :lol:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What you on about now Mr APR?! I don't recall any rules that stops a company from improving their products. Seems APR have had several attempts at it now for stage 2+. Have they actually got a non developmental file for a car with that spec?

Poverty

What you on about now Mr APR?! I don't recall any rules that stops a company from improving their products. Seems APR have had several attempts at it now for stage 2+. Have they actually got a non developmental file for a car with that spec?

Mr.Revo, you rubbished APRs maps, I told you why I rated the APR maps to now have the edge over revo,whilst you continued to claim that the APR maps are a unknown quantity.

Now it turns out the your beloved Revo are changing their maps, addressing every short coming which I spoke about in the mk2 leon section. EGT's, fuelling and high rev power holding. Revo copying APR yet again. I think now to have some consistency and credibility Al, you will have to now say that the updated revo maps are a "unknown quantity"

With all due respect, you are only aware of Revo tuning on one platform, its always been revo philosophy to boost as hard as possible and as long as possible. This gives a false sense of the car being quick with the hard boost spiking, and gives good dyno numbers, but when in fact less boost is actually faster on the road. The revo guys know this but the customer base didnt, but its what worked to sell maps. Now that customers are wising up to it, low and behold revo are changing their map. Coincidence or what after getting alot of stick on lots of different forums.

All those years what other tuners were saying is turning out to be true.

Suppose revo had to do something, as their tuning philosophy of old didnt suit the 2.5TFSI or 1.4tfsi one bit. Misfires, flat spots and limp modes spring to mind.

And yes the APR map has been available to customers for months now, and there are 4 ex revo cars running their maps, and 4 of my other mates are all running the APR code now too.

Apologies to biggaddicted for going way off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
you rubbished APRs maps
Where? Please provide links. And good luck because I know I haven't. I could give at least 10 links where you have done the opposite.

you continued to claim that the APR maps are a unknown quantity.
Feel free to send on that detail or links. I still haven't seen it.

Revo copying APR yet again. I think now to have some consistency and credibility Al, you will have to now say that the updated revo maps are a "unknown quantity"
One example for the point above in bold. Unlike some, I don't get free stuff from companies for saying nice things and ripping other companies. If a company wants to update and or improve a product then fair play. Microsoft do it every week on my laptop.

With all due respect, you are only aware of Revo tuning on one platform, its always been revo philosophy to boost as hard as possible and as long as possible. This gives a false sense of the car being quick with the hard boost spiking, and gives good dyno numbers, but when in fact less boost is actually faster on the road. The revo guys know this but the customer base didnt, but its what worked to sell maps. Now that customers are wising up to it, low and behold revo are changing their map. Coincidence or what after getting alot of stick on lots of different forums.
With all due respect this paragraph is the biggest pile of :w4nk: I have ever read from you.

What were they saying when you had your Leon and other code for the same car were in certain cases 20bhp behind? I don't recall?

x2

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Mr.Revo, you rubbished APRs maps, I told you why I rated the APR maps to now have the edge over revo,whilst you continued to claim that the APR maps are a unknown quantity.

Now it turns out the your beloved Revo are changing their maps, addressing every short coming which I spoke about in the mk2 leon section. EGT's, fuelling and high rev power holding. Revo copying APR yet again. I think now to have some consistency and credibility Al, you will have to now say that the updated revo maps are a "unknown quantity"

Suppose revo had to do something, as their tuning philosophy of old didnt suit the 2.5TFSI or 1.4tfsi one bit. Misfires, flat spots and limp modes spring to mind.
And yes the APR map has been available to customers for months now, and there are 4 ex revo cars running their maps, and 4 of my other mates are all running the APR code now too.

Revo have been virtually unchallenged in the 2.0 Tfsi department. Apr have come into stir things up. I doubt Revo are too bothered by this. And by designing the new 2.0tfsi remaps just wanting to re enforce they are still at the top of there game. All I can say is I'm very happy with the new stage 1 software. :) but it isn't only the software. The software upgrade charge is minimal. The customer service IMO has been brilliant. And the new projects Revo are developing are v.interesting. :)

I just hope for those with the apr software. You lot don't get left in the dark with no come backs like apr's last attempt.

Everyone to there own ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Andrew = Not doubting that if you are near their garage. For us up here in the sticks, they are no different.

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
BIGG APR are very different now than they where then

The owner now lives in UK

I'm not saying anything against apr Andrew. I'm sure they have cracking remaps. I'm just saying going by there history (I'm sure will be improved) and my limited experience with Revo. That's my conclusion :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Oh i yeh i understand what you mean about not up there

Al im coming up for Knockhill BTCC in August

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good stuff. I hope the rain stays off! I have been soaked at Knockhill quite a few times :lol:

Poverty

Where? Please provide links. And good luck because I know I haven't. I could give at least 10 links where you have done the opposite.

Feel free to send on that detail or links. I still haven't seen it.

One example for the point above in bold. Unlike some, I don't get free stuff from companies for saying nice things and ripping other companies. If a company wants to update and or improve a product then fair play. Microsoft do it every week on my laptop.

With all due respect this paragraph is the biggest pile of :w4nk: I have ever read from you.

What were they saying when you had your Leon and other code for the same car were in certain cases 20bhp behind? I don't recall?

x2

Wow you can talk about crap. Continually claiming im on APR bank roll, when its YOU who so staunchly rubbished APRs new 3.1 map when YOU hadnt even tried it. And its YOU who holds events with REVO, so if anyones in someones back pocket its YOU.

And it was YOU who went out of his way to dismiss ANY apr GPS timing, APR 1/4 Mile results, and APR dyno sheets.

So Al YOU are now claiming the revo code on the 2.5TFSI for example DIDNT cause me and others misfires and limp modes. Hundreads of pounds WASTED trying to fix a problem which was all map related. I should have listened to the user with other maps and tuners who said less boost is faster (turned out to be true) and in turn when I did change maps for a less hard boosting one, it reflected in GPS timing, and I no longer got misfires or limp modes!

And the new projects Revo are developing are v.interesting.

I just hope for those with the apr software. You lot don't get left in the dark with no come backs like apr's last attempt.

Revos unethical rebranding of BSH products? The same product line that the factory attempted to w.h.o.r.e out to APR and just about every other tuning house in the world?All the other tuners had enough integrity to not do such a back hand deal. The ins and outs of it are very murky.

Revo are good at promising things, but always fail to deliver going by their past history. The REVO RT projects spring to mind. The twin diverter they showcased at Inters last year, never came to fruituition.

I was left in the dark when I had my cupra, and to some extent the TTRS, believing that Revo was the be all and end all of tuning.

Makes one wonder why has their lead programmer left the company? Why have so many people made the switch away from revo? Why did milltek ditch revo of some of their development cars?

Seriously people, be open minded on the subject of tuning, its nowhere near as black and white as people make it out to be, and nothings perfect, so much happening in the backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members