what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Feb 27, 2024
Fitted ambient lighting below air con panel and above rear USBs in centre console....

View attachment 12923 View attachment 12924
I know it’s been 4 years hahaha but would you be able to explain how to change the bulb in the front centre console usb compartment if you can still remember? Bought some 501 W5W (hopefully that’s the right size) bulbs assuming it would be an easy job but realised it’s a bit more complicated. Based on the little information I’ve been able to find I assume you need to remove the heating controls but could be wrong,

Cheers!

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
I know it’s been 4 years hahaha but would you be able to explain how to change the bulb in the front centre console usb compartment if you can still remember? Bought some 501 W5W (hopefully that’s the right size) bulbs assuming it would be an easy job but realised it’s a bit more complicated. Based on the little information I’ve been able to find I assume you need to remove the heating controls but could be wrong,

Cheers!
There are two possibilities. Don used some Audis ambient RGB lights (8W0919390A for example) and connected them with doors ambient light. It could work with usb compartment, but there is no space to do this on the rear USBs.

What I think Don did is he just used some "12V red diodes" (regular diodes with resistor) and connected them to the buttons illumination wiring so they light only when it is dark. You can find those diodes online with plastic housing so they can be easily mounted.

1709020409115.png

The original light in the USB compartment (which I assume that you have installed) looks something like this and there is no option to replace the "light bulb", it is soldered SMD diode.

1709020753458.png

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

Cheers!
Hi. Unfortunately, I don't have the factory fitted light above the front USB connectors.

As @grabania says, I used LEDs (from Amazon) and spliced into the footwell lights so they are dimable.

FYI I've used the same LEDs for the four door pockets, above rear USBs and also the cubby hole just in front of the arm rest. For the doors I used the 12v supply to the window switch illumination and the earth for the window motor.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024
There are two possibilities. Don used some Audis ambient RGB lights (8W0919390A for example) and connected them with doors ambient light. It could work with usb compartment, but there is no space to do this on the rear USBs.

What I think Don did is he just used some "12V red diodes" (regular diodes with resistor) and connected them to the buttons illumination wiring so they light only when it is dark. You can find those diodes online with plastic housing so they can be easily mounted.

View attachment 40931

The original light in the USB compartment (which I assume that you have installed) looks something like this and there is no option to replace the "light bulb", it is soldered SMD diode.

View attachment 40932
I definitely should have asked this question before buying bulbs but we live and we learn, thanks for the thorough explanation.

Really doesn’t make sense to me why they would make it in that way, presumably they expect people to replace the whole unit if the light stops working, would be so much easier if you could just pop it out and replace the bulb but it is what it is

Thanks again!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Painted the front Seat badge and Cupra flag black. Ideally wanted a badge-less top grill to match the bottom one. Like the ones available for the mk2 Leons, like below. But couldn’t fine one.
IMG_0535.jpeg

1709208596956.jpeg

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Installed aliexpress RGB footwell lights. If you don't want to spend huge amount of money for OEM solution - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.64bb1802Ihkitt
Super cheap, surprisingly well built and packaged, fitted in 5 minutes. :)
Looking good! Does they change color when you change color of the ambient in the doors? Or you just plugs them to the original connector and manually change their color by "touching" them?

In my car I've installed some time ago Audi OEM lights (https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/retrofit-rgb-footwell-leds.100/), but installation is a bit hard and it's quite expensive. I am just curious how those AliExpress one works

ZrBJE6x.png

Ken Adams

Apr 13, 2023
I went through this guide quite some time ago and told myself - NOPE. I'm not gonna do that. :D

Yeah, you have to touch them but it's no big deal for me. Surprisingly both lights are synchronized so you have to touch only one of them to change the color.

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
I went through this guide quite some time ago and told myself - NOPE. I'm not gonna do that. :D

Yeah, you have to touch them but it's no big deal for me. Surprisingly both lights are synchronized so you have to touch only one of them to change the color.
You installed only front lights? Not under the front seats for the rear footwell? Are these dimmeable via de MIB screen?

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Emptied my wallet on 4 new tyres today, trying pilot sport 5 this time around, pilot sport 4 were great. Hopefully, it’s sorted the noise that I suspect, but really don’t want it to be, wheel bearing failure…….

Reactions: H Rafiq

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Today I fitted front and rear gloss black vinyl badge overlays.. Just what I wanted and quite pleased with the results 👌
1000004372.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240309_110830574.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240309_110830574.PORTRAIT.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240309_110834173.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240309_110834173.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20240309_110804432.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240309_110804432.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: H Rafiq

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Today I finished fitting white illumination of all buttons and switches from Ateca FL/Golf to my Leon. I also have heated steering wheel from Leon MK4, so now it feels complete and much more modern. Last thing to "fix" is two buttons and knob on the side of the screen, but that's problem for the future ;)

ttbPCkQ.jpeg
How did you do this?

Many thanks.

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
How did you do this?

Many thanks.
I found that Ateca is just a Leon, but "bigger". Facelift of Ateca has all white buttons and switches, so I thought that it should be possible to replace everything, especially since pre-facelift Ateca has a lot of part that was also used in Leon. With a lot of patience and research I found number of parts and replaced every single one in my car. However some of them did not fit, so I had to replace their internals.

Here is a list of those parts, but keep in mind that they fit in my vehicle and might not in everyone:
  • 5F0907044AS — Climate control unit
  • 575927225A — Hand parking brake switch
  • 575927137M — Left buttons over climate control unit
  • 5G0959857E — Driver window control switch
  • 5G0959855N — Passengers window control switch
  • 5G0941431BD — Light switch
  • 575959565B — Wing mirror switch
  • 5G0962125A — Central locking switch button
  • 575947105J — Central interior light
Quick explanation of part numbers: 575 is Ateca, 5G0 is Golf, 5F0 is generally Leon, but climate control with "AS" ending has white illumination

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Today I finished fitting white illumination of all buttons and switches from Ateca FL/Golf to my Leon. I also have heated steering wheel from Leon MK4, so now it feels complete and much more modern. Last thing to "fix" is two buttons and knob on the side of the screen, but that's problem for the future ;)

The big question for me - does this get rid of the horrible orange light for the drive mode and start stop buttons?
Has always drive me nuts that most of the lights are either red or white (tbh I don’t mind the mixture), but HATE that those few buttons light up orange. Just why SEAT? WHY?!

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
The big question for me - does this get rid of the horrible orange light for the drive mode and start stop buttons?
Has always drive me nuts that most of the lights are either red or white (tbh I don’t mind the mixture), but HATE that those few buttons light up orange. Just why SEAT? WHY?!
Nope, they are still there and are crucial for the car - for some reason if there are no "indicator" lights some systems does not work properly and throws errors (e.g. park assist). However in my car those two lights never turns orange, because:
  • I've "decoded" start/stop by increasing required voltage and it does not work, so I am not disabling it by clicking on the button:
    • Module 19
    • Adaptation
    • Start / Stop initial voltage limit - change value from 7.6V to 12V
  • I've "decoded" light on drive profiles:
    • Module 09
    • Adaptation
    • Button in center console
    • Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED - change value from "LED installed" to "LED not installed"

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Ah that’s a shame, had hoped they’d be white with red illumination. I’ve got a ‘memory’ cable adapter on my start stop - I do occasionally use it (if stuck in traffic) but have it defaulted to off using the adapter, I don’t want to code it out completely.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
If you have OBD11 you can change the drive mode button from orange to red. Not sure about start/stop n ESP button though

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Ah that’s a shame, had hoped they’d be white with red illumination. I’ve got a ‘memory’ cable adapter on my start stop - I do occasionally use it (if stuck in traffic) but have it defaulted to off using the adapter, I don’t want to code it out completely.
Ahhh I see. Unfortunately they are still orange and I don't think other VAG cars has different "color schema". What is more frustrating is that defrost button on climate control unit still has orange indicator light, but others are red. It just look awful.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.