what did you and your mk3 leon do today

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Ah that’s a shame, had hoped they’d be white with red illumination. I’ve got a ‘memory’ cable adapter on my start stop - I do occasionally use it (if stuck in traffic) but have it defaulted to off using the adapter, I don’t want to code it out completely.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
The big question for me - does this get rid of the horrible orange light for the drive mode and start stop buttons?
Has always drive me nuts that most of the lights are either red or white (tbh I don’t mind the mixture), but HATE that those few buttons light up orange. Just why SEAT? WHY?!
If you have OBD11 you can change the drive mode button from orange to red. Not sure about start/stop n ESP button though

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Ah that’s a shame, had hoped they’d be white with red illumination. I’ve got a ‘memory’ cable adapter on my start stop - I do occasionally use it (if stuck in traffic) but have it defaulted to off using the adapter, I don’t want to code it out completely.
Ahhh I see. Unfortunately they are still orange and I don't think other VAG cars has different "color schema". What is more frustrating is that defrost button on climate control unit still has orange indicator light, but others are red. It just look awful.

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
I thought that mode was just disabling the led?
In order to change orange LED behavior (e.g. to light only when you are in other profile than sport) you need to change drive profile dataset in the gateway. You can play with those data here, but it requires rather deep knowledge about car internals: http://mqbtools.nl/fpa/

1710151229619.png

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Ah ok. Tbh I keep meaning to dismantle the entire switch and replace the led manually with a red one, I’ve just never gotten around to it!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Ah ok. Tbh I keep meaning to dismantle the entire switch and replace the led manually with a red one, I’ve just never gotten around to it!
Nah, you don’t need to. Cuz there’s a red one already in there. There’s an app for on OBD11.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Enjoyable day out at Bedford Autodrome doing a track day with my daughter.

We were very lucky with the weather, no rain on the day although the track was a little slippery to start with and many over exited people spun and came off but luck no serious damage to any car or people.

My only complaint (as I am old) is that a cup of coffee in a small paper cup was £2-00 take me own next time.

53581909767_3571d6c748_c.jpg

Last edited:

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Nah, you don’t need to. Cuz there’s a red one already in there. There’s an app for on OBD11.
Hi.... I believe the app only works for Pre-Facelift.

I've used a coloured sweet cellophane wrapper to make mine red (ish).

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Hi.... I believe the app only works for Pre-Facelift.

I've used a coloured sweet cellophane wrapper to make mine red (ish).
If you are talking about the mode button then there is coding for both Pre and Post facelift models.

Mode button always in Red

* Applicable up to MY16 *
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit - Code (31347)
2 - Long Coding(Bytes Mode)
3 - Byte 15 - (Activate Bit 7)
In this mode it will always be illuminated in red.

*Apllicable from MY17*

1 - Select Control Unit 09
2 - Select Adaptation
3 - Select Button in center console
4 - Select Zusatzcodierung Farhrprofiktaster hat keine LED
5 - Change to Led not installed

Reactions: Don1961

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
If you are talking about the mode button then there is coding for both Pre and Post facelift models.

Mode button always in Red

* Applicable up to MY16 *
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit - Code (31347)
2 - Long Coding(Bytes Mode)
3 - Byte 15 - (Activate Bit 7)
In this mode it will always be illuminated in red.

*Apllicable from MY17*

1 - Select Control Unit 09
2 - Select Adaptation
3 - Select Button in center console
4 - Select Zusatzcodierung Farhrprofiktaster hat keine LED
5 - Change to Led not installed
Apologies @tracktoy I thought the coding for the Post facelift disabled the light all together.

I've now removed my sweet wrapper and my OCD is happy.... all lights now the same shade shade of red :thumbup:

Thank you

Reactions: tracktoy

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Mine did the same today.
In 5 years of ownership I've just done the usual brakes, tyres and services.

83k and still going strong, where are all the oldies with "they don't make cars like they used to"
I am here (as in the oldie) but only because like you just the usual service stuff but also

Three different times I have had to replace the speed sensors (which makes the dash light up like a xmas tree)
Water Pump and thermostat housing (Caught early and know issue)
Key not being able to be removed from barrel due to control module (replaced)
Canister Purge valve sticking
Had to have the Radar recoded to fix the errors but could not see a reason why (been fine since)

And this on a car that was at the start of the Tech splurge on new cars and i suspect new cars will not last as long as older ones because it will become too expensive to repair.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I am here (as in the oldie) but only because like you just the usual service stuff but also

Three different times I have had to replace the speed sensors (which makes the dash light up like a xmas tree)
Water Pump and thermostat housing (Caught early and know issue)
Key not being able to be removed from barrel due to control module (replaced)
Canister Purge valve sticking
Had to have the Radar recoded to fix the errors but could not see a reason why (been fine since)

And this on a car that was at the start of the Tech splurge on new cars and i suspect new cars will not last as long as older ones because it will become too expensive to repair.
Interesting that you mention the speed sensor.
Mine has been fine but the missus' one had it replaced 6 months ago and it's failed already.
Hers has ACC(gray sensor), mine doesn't.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Interesting that you mention the speed sensor.
Mine has been fine but the missus' one had it replaced 6 months ago and it's failed already.
Hers has ACC(gray sensor), mine doesn't.
Yes mine has the ACC as well the original one lasted many years but I think i have had three since then. Always very disconcerting when you are just going out on a track day and the brake warning lights show you there is a fault....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.