What do you all do for a job

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Thanks for the advice mark, but commercial would not be my goal with that kind of costs especially when Im 25 and just about getting by :(

I will be looking into trying to get into Aircraft Maintenance within the year though as my degree is based on it so fingers crossed.

PS some of those pictures on your webpage are amazing

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Best mate of mine got his full commercial airline license not long ago, but just couldn't get a job.
He's back in a "normal" job now because the license expires doesn't it, if you don't keep up with flight hours?

Total shame.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Yes it expires after a certain amount of time Private License expires after 5 years if not kept up with 12hrs per year min and not sure on commercial but that is a big loss to your mate, having had to go through it all and not come out with a job, maybe try another country as I know there a places like Australia. Middle East who do look for these kind of people.

PPL I would do just as a hobby and extend my knowledge and experience of my degree getting companies to see my capabilities

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Last time I posted in a thread like this I was a business analyst at Microsoft.
Decided to pack that all in and now I'm doing a bit of everything in the family business which is a motor factors.
Still kinda involved in IT though, bringing the place kicking and screaming into the 21st century, while slowly learning about the car parts!

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Just wondering what people do for jobs on the forum,I'll start it off I drive trains for a living

I've fancied driving trains for a few year now, how did you get into it?

I'm a Joiner (wood butcher) / Civil Engineering Operative on the railway, I travel all over the country and might as well live in hotels because am hardly ever at home.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I'm an Electrical Maintenance Tech (of the drilling variety). Work offshore in the North Sea for a rather large american oil company

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
Thanks for the advice mark, but commercial would not be my goal with that kind of costs especially when Im 25 and just about getting by :(

I will be looking into trying to get into Aircraft Maintenance within the year though as my degree is based on it so fingers crossed.

PS some of those pictures on your webpage are amazing

Fair enough, Monarch do also have an excellent Engineering company, it's actually far more profitable than the airline and has an amazing reputation. If I wasn't flying I would like to have worked for Airbus designing things :) It is a nice office to get some decent photos!

thats insane, what made you make the switch and how difficult/long it it take ?

I always wanted to fly, originally planned to do IT (ran my own business) and do my training gradually but it would have taken years and likely wouldn't have got a job at the end of it. I started a full time course in Feb 2011 after doing my selection the previous October. Was qualified (minus specific jet type rating) in August 2012 then starting training/flying with Monarch in January 2013.

It's not easy but few people have serious problems if they are willing to put the effort into the theory etc. Some people just don't have the coordination but the manual flying isn't the hardest thing about jet flying. They do mainly fly themselves but there's a lot more to it than chucking a stick around.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Was a mobile response driver for alarm activations now had changed of career and now support worker for kids with difficult behavior

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise