What size rims would work?

Aldo

Mar 30, 2023
Hi everyone. So I drive a Formentor and living is Sweden means I need winter tires. I was wondering if anyone knows if a 17" Rim would fit over the brake calipers? I was planning on using my old 16" from my Ateca but apparently they won't fit. Does anyone know?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi everyone. So I drive a Formentor and living is Sweden means I need winter tires. I was wondering if anyone knows if a 17" Rim would fit over the brake calipers? I was planning on using my old 16" from my Ateca but apparently they won't fit. Does anyone know?
Depends which Formentor version you have. The V1 and V2 versions have much smaller brake discs (and calipers) than say the VZ2, VZ3 310's etc.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
You're probably right and I hope you find what you're looking for. A quick look on ebay didn't show any 17's for my 204 hybrid (the same brakes as yours, I would think), but there are plenty of 18" ones available.

Aldo

Mar 30, 2023
You're probably right and I hope you find what you're looking for. A quick look on ebay didn't show any 17's for my 204 hybrid (the same brakes as yours, I would think), but there are plenty of 18" ones available.
Hi. Yeah I found some nice black 17's.

Reactions: oldgitdave

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
I've a VZ2 and I'm wondering if my Skoda 18" winter wheels will go on. Might have to fork out for new tyres I suppose.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
There's a list of wheel sizes for different Formentors here:
https://tirewheelguide.com/sizes/cu...formentor-1.5-tsi-2-Cupra-Formentor-2020-2023
But it's better to check your Certificate of Conformity for optional wheel/tire sizes - that might be different by country...

I've a VZ2 and I'm wondering if my Skoda 18" winter wheels will go on
It really depends on wheel specs; if your Skoda 18" wheels are 8" wide (which is ok for the Formentor), you need to make sure the ET is ok - that's ET40 for Formentor, and I'm afraid Skoda ETs are higher...

Reactions: Cupra306Form

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
https://tirewheelguide.com/sizes/cu...formentor-1.5-tsi-2-Cupra-Formentor-2020-2023
But it's better to check your Certificate of Conformity for optional wheel/tire sizes - that might be different by country...

It really depends on wheel specs; if your Skoda 18" wheels are 8" wide (which is ok for the Formentor), you need to make sure the ET is ok - that's ET40 for Formentor, and I'm afraid Skoda ETs are higher...
Agree - wheel diameter, width (the ‘J’ size) and offset (ET) of any alternative wheels all need to be considered to avoid brake clearance or potential tyre rubbing issues. If any proposed alternative wheels aren’t VAG, the bolt pattern (PCD) and centre bore size also need to be considered (bolt pattern is also different on some VAG wheels to the Formentor’s bolt pattern).

Also bear in mind that if any alternative wheels are already fitted with tyres, if the overall wheel+tyre diameter and circumference is different the wheels / tyres currently on the car, the speedometer reading will be incorrect.

Aldo

Mar 30, 2023

I tried my old 16" wheels from my old Ateca today and I think they'll work. I had them on the front only as the discs are bigger and it seems to be ok.

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023

Handy guide. Thanks - Octavia wheels are offset 45 - 53 so won't fit :(

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Ok, just be careful: when you mention the offset you have to make sure it's still the right width of the rim. For instance it's 7.5" wide for R17, and the ET in that case is 40 in the CoC. The 45 will most likely work - it would be 5 mm closer to the calipers compared to the ET40.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ok, just be careful: when you mention the offset you have to make sure it's still the right width of the rim. For instance it's 7.5" wide for R17, and the ET in that case is 40 in the CoC. The 45 will most likely work - it would be 5 mm closer to the calipers compared to the ET40.
Agree.

I made pretty much the same point about offset and wheel width in my earlier post (post #9) in this discussion thread 🙂.

Reactions: CupForm
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise