Wheel refurb... What finish to go for???

gus

Jun 27, 2006
try this number its where i will be going get mine done there in birmingham bournes wheels,

0121 6666595

think they charge around £25 per wheel

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
black looks good with platinum imo; but i am biased, see my thread below :)

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
I brought a set of starfish alloys and had them refurbed, its a little hard to spot the difference in the picture but they are a bit more silver than standard and a laquered finish rather than the matt finish they normally are.

Also I should add that my car is black so I didnt go for dark wheels, the guy doing it was trying to get me to have a charcoal finish but I didnt think it would work on my car. Plus I think the shape of these wheels looks better in lighter colours.

Not exactly the radical change your after pics of granted but pics none the less lol.
IMG_0109.jpg

New finish is the top one

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Had mine done very recently. I just asked the guy to do them in the high power silver that the new Audi wheels are done in. Look much better now.

Stuberto

Im getting mine refurbed next week as a cheaper option than newbies. Im going for a black chrome effect (got a black LCR). They are gonna be a kinda silver finish on face and black effect on inner spokes and inside rim. He had just done a set like this on a new Monedo with multi spokes................not sure what it will be like...:confused:........but he had done a good job!! Fingers crossed

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members