Which LSD and other questions.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I have a couple of questions which i have searched for but not found much (i am sure some one will pop up and say they found it straight away).

1. Is it worth putting a 4 bar fpr on a stock motor or even a stage 1 remap if not when is it worth doing.

2. I am planning on putting a LSD on the LC this year, which one is considered the best and will it cause issues as seen in the Focus RS.

3. which engine mounts do you recommend i am looking at the INA and the THS sets but don't know if one is better than the other.

4. Has anyone had any experience with Chip Tuning based in Bromsgrove run by a guy called Hamish.
Any help with the above greatly appreciated.:D

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Phil the 4 bar FPR is only need at the request of the mapper.
The quaife diff is supposed to be the best but is a little more expensive. The Peloquin diff is really supposed to be a good one aswell but there were some bolt strength issues. These have been cured by fitting APR bolts to this. Also the Peloquin one needs a fitting kit where the Quaife one comes complete.
You know what i would say about engine mount so I'm a bit biased. Also I haven't heard anything about THS but I know that the VF engine mounts are extreme for a road car.
Can't help with the chip tuning bit

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Phil the 4 bar FPR is only need at the request of the mapper.
The quaife diff is supposed to be the best but is a little more expensive. The Peloquin diff is really supposed to be a good one aswell but there were some bolt strength issues. These have been cured by fitting APR bolts to this. Also the Peloquin one needs a fitting kit where the Quaife one comes complete.
You know what i would say about engine mount so I'm a bit biased. Also I haven't heard anything about THS but I know that the VF engine mounts are extreme for a road car.
Can't help with the chip tuning bit

other way round junior, the peloquin is cheaper and comes complete with all the kit and the quaife needs a fitting kit.

also jabba do peloquins now so uk guarentee is in place.

either are very good, look at £1200 all in fitted, might aswell uprate the clutch whilst youre at it.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Thanks James, engines coming out for rebuild so looking to do all mods at the same time hopfully save afew quid, so no issues with the LSD's like with the RS Focus.

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
Do you mean the old Focus RS or the ones that just about to be released?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
nah, caveo has a quaife and he loves it...couple it with arbs and your onto a winner.

peloquins has very good reports also, not heard of any failings in either tbh.

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Another vote for the INA mounts. I have the street density engine and gear box mount with a track density dog bone. The dog bone mount is a thousand times better than a powerflex bushed OEM. No vibrations at all!! The front end feels a lot tighter and lighter when turning in......if that makes sense?!

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Car not twitchy at all with the Peloquin LSD, it's a strange sensation at first cornering and the streering wheel feedback that you get when the car wants to turn in more when you apply power, but you soon get used to it.
Get the street density INA engineering mounts with the track density dog bone mount.

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
Car not twitchy at all with the Peloquin LSD, it's a strange sensation at first cornering and the streering wheel feedback that you get when the car wants to turn in more when you apply power, but you soon get used to it.
Get the street density INA engineering mounts with the track density dog bone mount.

Whats a track density dog bone mount?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.