Which Oil for Remapped engine?

Guys need to pick ya brains, if anyone has any :)

I have read on a few forums now about changing the spec of oil if the engine of your car is remapped. what do you think?

at present my 2.0 TDI Altea is running on Quantum Platinum. however the Altea FR (170bhp)which is basically the same engine with a remap uses Quantum Longlife.

Since my TDI 140bhp is remapped to approx 170 or over should I be thinking of changing the Oil spec to Longlife also?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Think Viking's comment is very relevant. Most new VW's use Longlife 3 irrespective of bhp.
The term 'longlife' is a bit misleading as my FR uses it but is still on 10k service intervals - the important quality of this oil is that is does not break down over mileage in the same way standard PD does. Hence longer intervals on most cars, or better protection on higher performance cars over a 10k period

Think Viking's comment is very relevant. Most new VW's use Longlife 3 irrespective of bhp.
The term 'longlife' is a bit misleading as my FR uses it but is still on 10k service intervals - the important quality of this oil is that is does not break down over mileage in the same way standard PD does. Hence longer intervals on most cars, or better protection on higher performance cars over a 10k period

just on thought on this David. Quantum PD oil is now Quantum Platinum whcih can also be used for TFSI engines aparently. has the specs of this oil change in conparison to the PD oil?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members