which tyres choose for my car..

x4d0w

Feb 1, 2017
I'm buying a original LCR wheels for my LCR, because I don't like the S3 that I have when bought the car, and will need 4 new tyres but cannot decide what to choose.
Not looking for cheap, I want something that can handle well both dry and wet.
after a search I found this tyres...
1-CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 5
2- PIRELLI P ZERO NERO GT*
3- BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE050A
4- BRIDGESTONE POTENZA S001*
5- DUNLOP SPORTMAXX TT*
6- GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3
this ones look good.
If you recommend any other that is not listed please do so...
I'm open to comments and any help will be good

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I was surprised to not see any Michelins on that list.
My FR came with 4x Pilot sport 3's and I can honestly say they're the best tyres I've ever driven on.
The grip was absolutely immense until I their days were over.
I had intended on buying the Pilot Sport 4's at the time buy due to the fact they were quite literally brand new out I struggled to find anywhere stocking them in my size or the places that did have the wanted silly money for them.
I ended up opting for the Goodyear eagle F1 Assymetric3 which had fantastic reviews and were more readily available.
Personally I don't think they're quite as good on the limit or on hard cornering as the Michelins but they are slightly quieter and more comfortable.
It depends what you want from them at the end of the day?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

x4d0w

Feb 1, 2017
I was surprised to not see any Michelins on that list.
My FR came with 4x Pilot sport 3's and I can honestly say they're the best tyres I've ever driven on.
The grip was absolutely immense until I their days were over.
I had intended on buying the Pilot Sport 4's at the time buy due to the fact they were quite literally brand new out I struggled to find anywhere stocking them in my size or the places that did have the wanted silly money for them.
I ended up opting for the Goodyear eagle F1 Assymetric3 which had fantastic reviews and were more readily available.
Personally I don't think they're quite as good on the limit or on hard cornering as the Michelins but they are slightly quieter and more comfortable.
It depends what you want from them at the end of the day?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

that is why I said after a quick search....
I normally drive about 7-10 min home-work-home, but during the week I drive around 9 miles from my GF house to my work on the A2. Sometimes I push for the car, and enjoy do the roundabouts a little bit faster and go on straight line quicker, but normally I have a normal safe driving. I want good tires for all occasions as they are the only thing that keeps the car in contact with the ground... I prefer safety above all things, and tires, brake discs and brake pads we cannot afford to buy cheap, we need to have good stuff in order to keep us safe...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've so far had a set of Michelin PS3s, Michelin PS4s, Bridgestone S001s, Uniroyal Rainsport 3s (second set).

If money is no object, I'd go PS4s every time! If your on a budget, but want to have fun Uniroyal. If you want to end in a ditch Bridgestones. Thats just based on my experience. I'm going to go for a full set of Goodyear F1 AS3s next time just so I've tried them as they get rave reviews.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had Bridgestones on 280, sh1te. Unless you like sliding about and wheel hopping. Either Goodyear Assy or Mich's.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.