Whistle from my turbo? police siren! lol

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
well its not until high boost and revs , but it gets pretty loud! a few people have said it might be the air filter , a few have said its normal and a few have said get the urbo checked out! Theres no spluttering or smoke and it seems fine in performance , please could i have some advice? thanks

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
check that the connector from chargepipe to turbo (behind block) is tight.

also check that the TIP connecting to the turbo is tight.

Had mine come off a bit the other day, and was whistling as well.

might be worth to check

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
noiser turbos are a sign of bearing wear... compressor rubbing on housing.
got any small sparkly aluminium bits in your turbo outlet pipe?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
you haven't got one of those spinners screwed onto the exhaust have you, that make a 'turbo' whistle!!? LOL. Heard one on a 1.8t golf, it was hillarious!!

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
well i thort it could be the common issues with the cupra , check all the coil packs and maf , checked the charger hose aswell! This evening then i was going about 50mph poodling along when i come to a van putt my foot down to over take and it started spluttering and black smoke , a few mates with turbo's who know theyr stuff checked it over and the turbo seals have gone! GREAT! im pissed off but happy at the same time , because ive bought warrenty for 3 months from a company called Auto Protect dont know if anyone has heard of them , but reading the terms and conditon it says im covered on a factory fitted turbo up to £1000 so its bad and a biatch but itcould be a on the plus side getting a brand new Urrbooo! Ill keep you posted once ive spoke to the company tmoz!

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
yer , well its ok 2dai now , its strange , my local garage plugged it in and fault came up to do with mas air flow system or something , seems ok now tho! where can i get vagcom from?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.