wierd wiper issues

gticupra123

Dec 21, 2008
berkshire
right well my rear wiper if i put it on it doesnt actually wipe the glass? then it doesn't stop until it wants to. secondly the front wipers well the left one tries to wipe the whole screen and catches the other one and gets caught. the right hand one is fine unless your going faster than 50mph then it some how manages to come round the the drivers side window?

anyone know why its getting abit annoying now lol

thanks

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
hmm, sounds odd about the rear one lol, but as for the front, have you tried re-alligning the arms? or even tightening the 10mm nuts on em???

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Wipers are loose on the front. and as for the rear are you sure your turning it off right as that rear wiper switch is an acquired knack. If you are turning it off right then get to the relay

gticupra123

Dec 21, 2008
berkshire
cheers guys im dewipering the rear anyway so it dont matter about that as for the front i will try tightening them up and see what happens thanks

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
My rear one did that, the spring had stiffened up with corrosion and wasnt pushing the arm against the glass, spray a bit of WD on it and push it in and out a few times to loosen it up. Then once youve done that do what I did and get rid of the whole damned thing!! Dewipering.....its the only way to go.....:lol:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
My rear one did that, the spring had stiffened up with corrosion and wasnt pushing the arm against the glass, spray a bit of WD on it and push it in and out a few times to loosen it up. Then once youve done that do what I did and get rid of the whole damned thing!! Dewipering.....its the only way to go.....:lol:

Dont worry. De-wipering and lots of Rain-X is happening in the next couple of weeks once I get a few things done.

t3zza

the reason wipers wont turn off is dodgy conection on wiper stalk, buy another stalk for 10pound or so and fit urself

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
dewipering FTW...

^^^
edit: i cant believe someone has spent the time to add rollover text to stuff like 'FTW', but whatever floats your boat.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise