windscreen condensation

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
The dealer tried repeatedly to cure the windscreen leak but never got it right, in the end it got stonechipped and had to be replaced (honest)....

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
It did the trick - turns out the top edge on the drivers side had never been sealed properly from the factory - about 3 inches of sealant was missing!

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Aye, only 4 months into SEAT ownership it didn't instil much confidence in them....but then again the car has been fine otherwise since so it isn't all bad!

ChrisBowe82

Hi just found this useful thread when I searched, as I'm having a big problem with condensation inside my window at the moment, since it's been really cold, but my car (only 4 mohts old) is the only one on the road with condensation inside the window after de-icing. I had to wait 10 mins after work the other night whilst everyone drove off because I couldn't see out! Tried everything this morning, windscreen blowers on hot, cold, aircon, aircon recirc, nothing happened then it started dripping! it never actually went until I wiped the window, it was soaking the glass though, and the whole car feels damp inside. Just taken a month old bottle of water out of my glovebox this morning, so gonna see if that changes anything.

Deleted member 5985

The condensation in my ibiza has always been ridiculous too, this morning I had frost on the inside. It's 10 times worse in the cold weather.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Another tip - we've had a lot of damp weather recently so it may be worthwhile driving with your heater & fan on full with a window open a crack to force the damp air out of the car and replace it with dry air from outside.

The wife has a Toyota Aygo with no aircon and that was really bad for misting up until I used it for a day and did the above - it's a clear as a bell on the inside now even on the coldest days.

This obviously won't work if you have a leak but it's worth a go.

ChrisBowe82

Another tip - we've had a lot of damp weather recently so it may be worthwhile driving with your heater & fan on full with a window open a crack to force the damp air out of the car and replace it with dry air from outside.

The wife has a Toyota Aygo with no aircon and that was really bad for misting up until I used it for a day and did the above - it's a clear as a bell on the inside now even on the coldest days.

This obviously won't work if you have a leak but it's worth a go.

Good advice I'll give it a try tomorrow. Yeah my colleague has a year old toyota aygo and lives near me and was scraping ice from the inside of her window the other day!

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Its not really normal in a modern car but evidently is in a MK4 ibiza
Was hoping this htread was going to give me some insght but sadly not.
My '02 130 condenses up as bad as my old MK2 Golf. Was begining to wonder if it has a slight leak somewhere then bought a '53 for my girlfriend and her's is SO much better, doesn't condense at all, like a modern car should be. Mine must be letting water in but its too slight to actually find it wet anywhere?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Good advice I'll give it a try tomorrow. Yeah my colleague has a year old toyota aygo and lives near me and was scraping ice from the inside of her window the other day!

I keep having to tell the wife about this, with it being cold recently she keeps saying 'the car is iced up on the inside!' so I tell her (again) what to do and hey presto, problem solved.

Then a couple of days later 'the car is iced up on the inside!'....:rolleyes:

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
The condensation in my Cupra is pretty bad at the moment, so I'm trying to track down the cause as its starting to annoy me.

As far as I can tell the Cupra either doesn't have a pollen filter or its in a completely different place to where I thought it was.
So if its not the pollen filter what would be my next best bet as to the cause?
I got my cupra about the middle of november so does anyone else suffer from bad condensation who got their cupra around the same time as me?

Last edited:

dannyboy89

ive found that gettin windscreen wipers fitted to the inside of my car helps, or pouring boiling hot water over my windscreen usually clears the condensation, but it leaves a few cracks too!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i have an FR have suffer now and again from water on the inside... i norm out the hottest air on the windscreen on the highest settin goes pritty quick for me.. when u walk in the rain and then get in ur car the water from ur clothes evaperate into the car or gets drawn out into the seats etc... there sponge afterall.... might need a good nice hot drive to dry the inside of the car out?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
ive found that gettin windscreen wipers fitted to the inside of my car helps, or pouring boiling hot water over my windscreen usually clears the condensation, but it leaves a few cracks too!

boiling hot water is not good for windscreens! slightly warm water is better!!! or even cold water works if u have ur wipers on as it warmer than ice! dont use boiling at all!! that will make ur screen crack!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I get this when I've used the air con and turned it off. Steams all my windows up really bad! So guess I need a new pollen filter then! :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise