windscreen condensation

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
I get this when I've used the air con and turned it off. Steams all my windows up really bad! So guess I need a new pollen filter then! :doh:

As my car's only a 2 months old it really shouldn't be the pollen filter unless it just wasn't fitted properly.
Guess I'll just have to try find it in day light and have a good look around it.

chrischewy

I dunno wot the problem is with mine, the best cure is what various people have suggested to me, driving with windows down for a few mins before parking up, getting all the moist out!!!

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I dunno wot the problem is with mine, the best cure is what various people have suggested to me, driving with windows down for a few mins before parking up, getting all the moist out!!!

That will work every time, as I explained earlier.

Don't expect miracles from your aircon/climate control - if there is moist air in the car and the temperature drops then it will condensate on the coldest surface it can find - i.e. your windscreen....

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Just stick your hand in behind the glovebox from the passenger footwell. No need to take it out.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Just done my service this morning and changed the pollen filter, this is how i removed it.

Removed the panel under the glovebox, four T20 torx screws and it falls out.

Locate the pollen filter housing which is near the centre console area.

Slide the two clips inwards, then pull down.

Job done! :)

Note - On my PD130 you can't remove the pollen filter without removing the panel under the glovebox, it would get in the way and stop it sliding out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members