Wireless Android Auto - Works!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Over the air and free ?.

I reckon it would be done at the dealer that's how the update was applied from 1664 to 1672

I've had about 6 OTA updates and they have never changed the version number.

Hopefully it will be free🤞

Reactions: Tell
Apr 23, 2021
Wireless car play work but when i reboot thr infotainment it doesn't work.. wifi does not want to activate

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
I also can't connect wirelessly to my Seat Arona 2021 model. There is no option for wireless AA in the infotainment. I have Onelplus Nord, Android 11.
I had to use OBDeleven to turn it on manually.

Tell

Staff member
No it'll be done at your local dealer, FOC whilst your warranty is valid
It's best to get things done whilst within warranty ;).... saying that I detect Seat tries to duck warranty repair where they can... also offer a combined service / warranty plan which you could think wouldn't be of value if the warranty is ducked (the leaflet they wave at when you enquire about taking out another service plan). There are some good long term cost effective service plans sold by Seat direct without warranty that are not sold by the dealer, 3 and 4 year ones with European recovery, MOT etc in the plan... for people who don't change their cars.... worth looking out for if you are one of the people that isn't on a 3 year life cycle of car change.

Jan 19, 2022

Attachments

• xdHNyZ8jaiC3qBwnf6nc5YX5.jpg
    xdHNyZ8jaiC3qBwnf6nc5YX5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 212

Tell

Staff member
Much appreciated! Do you by any chance know if there is anything in the timeline and how to best keep track of that?
Unless it's fixing something that's broken under warranty you might not get it for free. It's the TPIs that people in the know read via the dealer channels.

What's going for "free" is that the software is creaky at the moment. Keep reading the board for developments.

It works on 2021 mib3 with bonnet up. I've done the same process on a few different Seats and have spoken to the dealership here about it.
It only works on vehicles on the correct software. Many of the ones lacking the feature aren't. Seat/Cupra haven't yet released the update to bring all of the older units upto date

This isn't current doable on most vehicles. Only vehicles built from mid November 2020 have the correct software for wireless android auto. Anything built 2021 will be fine

Reactions: Leonfr140
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise