Wireless Android Auto - Works!

Tell

Staff member
how can we check if we have zn1 or zn2 unit?
They are the build codes. It depends whether in Portugal they used them to specify the units. In the UK they didn't. Germany they did etc. But it's the last character of the part number that's all important D and above is Android Auto Wireless enabled. The part number is really generated by the firmware rather than the hardware. One of the boards sponsor above pointed out it was all the same hardware but different firmware:

At some future point it's conceivable that the firmware can be updated as described above. Online updates do not appear to change the train so you will not get a B to D update over the air.

Tell

Staff member
i have a D one and cant connect wireless!
Have you done what @dan555 said re the developers menu:

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Has anyone who has wireless Aa working got obdeleven? If so could you check in 5F->adaptation-> the below two values for 5ghz and for Google Android auto ?
ff2cbcdbb3e780b889aac863935720d2.jpg
e08fe6e4ffb6eb79d48a204e3f247706.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I was able to toggle on Wireless AA using OBD11 through adaptations. Worked straight away with absolutely no issues. Have a Arona FR manufactured Jan 2021.

Tell

Staff member
I was able to toggle on Wireless AA using OBD11 through adaptations. Worked straight away with absolutely no issues. Have a Arona FR manufactured Jan 2021.
Are you sure you have a Mib3 rather than a Mib2. Mib3 has no SD card slots in the glove box. Bit surprising since SFD is suppose to be on all 2020- models protecting the infotainment unit from tinkering. Its surprising that if its possible nobody has done it yet on a Mib3 via Obdeleven. The tail end of mib2 standard models did have WiFi so it's more understandable that the 5ghz band could be turned on if the chipset supported it. 2017 mib2 high units with WiFi didn't have the 5ghz band. I tried that myself using your method back then. Perhaps SFD is executed differently on Aronas which havent had the full systems make over as Leons in the Leon4.

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Are you sure you have a Mib3 rather than a Mib2. Mib3 has no SD card slots in the glove box. Bit surprising since SFD is suppose to be on all 2020- models protecting the infotainment unit from tinkering. Its surprising that if its possible nobody has done it yet on a Mib3 via Obdeleven. The tail end of mib2 standard models did have WiFi so it's more understandable that the 5ghz band could be turned on if the chipset supported it. 2017 mib2 high units with WiFi didn't have the 5ghz band. I tried that myself using your method back then. Perhaps SFD is executed differently on Aronas which havent had the full systems make over as Leons in the Leon4.
There is no SD card slot in the glove box. I had to open my bonnet and have the handbrake on for the ODB11 to be able to code. Through adaptations in 5F Multimedaia I toggled google_android_auto from usb_only to ON, Bluetooth_Headphones from not available to available, Bluetooth_auto from not available to available, app_connect_over_wifi from no to YES, Bluetooth_phone from not available to available.

Tell

Staff member
There is no SD card slot in the glove box. I had to open my bonnet and have the handbrake on for the ODB11 to be able to code. Through adaptations I toggled google_android_auto from usb_only to ON, Bluetooth_Headphones from not available to available, Bluetooth_auto from not available to available, app_connect_over_wifi from no to YES, Bluetooth_phone from not available to available.
That's mib3 😍. Will be interesting to see whether anyone can replicate that on their Leon4s without AAW.

Reactions: Simon45

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Took ages to figure it out but saw a post somewhere that someone did it similarly with apple car play and on another post somewhere about the bonnet and handbrake. 2+2=4 and Bingo! The only thing I can't figure out how to do is get the graphics for my radio stations in NZ with a sd card or USB. First world problems.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Took ages to figure it out but saw a post somewhere that someone did it similarly with apple car play and on another post somewhere about the bonnet and handbrake. 2+2=4 and Bingo! The only thing I can't figure out how to do is get the graphics for my radio stations in NZ with a sd card or USB. First world problems.
Unfortunately with mib3 they haven't allowed the user the option to import radio station graphics as they did in mib2. If they aren't transmitted over the air there is nothing you can do about it, ditto import of users POIs on SD or USB. The manuals for the early Leon4s and facelifted Ateca's have text in that you can, but you can't, the option described isn't there. In the UK and Ireland the national public broadcaster (BBC / RTE) faithfully transmit the graphics, the commercial stations are more problematic with no graphics or old graphics as the broadcaster relaunches. So it's designed that it relises on the broadcaster getting the over air package right, no user correction.

Simon45

Oct 1, 2021
Unfortunately with mib3 they haven't allowed the user the option to import radio station graphics as they did in mib2. If they aren't transmitted over the air there is nothing you can do about it, ditto import of users POIs on SD or USB. The manuals for the early Leon4s and facelifted Ateca's have text in that you can, but you can't, the option described isn't there. In the UK and Ireland the national public broadcaster (BBC / RTE) faithfully transmit the graphics, the commercial stations are more problematic with no graphics or old graphics as the broadcaster relaunches. So it's designed that it relises on the broadcaster getting the over air package right, no user correction.
I figured as much. There's no way NZ stations will do that. It's a little backwards down this way.

Theres multiple variants of MIB3. Different levels of SFD protection

Bizarely we've tried copying a cars adaptations with wireless AA to a car without and whilst the menu changed to indicate it was possible - it refused to work. Hardware numbers were the same too

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Theres multiple variants of MIB3. Different levels of SFD protection

Bizarely we've tried copying a cars adaptations with wireless AA to a car without and whilst the menu changed to indicate it was possible - it refused to work. Hardware numbers were the same too
It's a suck it and see then... with the bonnet up obviously. Saved by all of this by running a reliable legacy car 🤣. They don't make cars with punch readers and line printers these days 😂.

I do wonder whether Vag will sort out their current issues in the 5 year lifecycle they are on with the 2020 MQB models. Be 2025 otherwise 🙄.

Nov 5, 2021
I also can't connect wirelessly to my Seat Arona 2021 model. There is no option for wireless AA in the infotainment. I have Onelplus Nord, Android 11.

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_102724.jpg
    IMG_20211105_102724.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 218