Wireless Android Auto - Works!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I tried to set mine up when I got it but gave up. A few weeks ago I got in the car and it connected wirelessly on its own.

I'm on Android 10
What phone do you have?

What does your Android auto look like?

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
What phone do you have?

What does your Android auto look like?
I've got a OnePlus 6T. I'll send a better pic later but I've attached the one that shows Spotify not working. Any clues on that. It's been the same for weeks, but did work initially.
Software versions also attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_171931.jpg
    IMG_20210323_171931.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_20210323_171649.jpg
    IMG_20210323_171649.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 465
Reactions: dan555

Tell

Staff member
Apologies, life caught up with me! Having looked at a few SE Dynamics in work, they seem to have the same display and wireless AA doesn't work either. It doesn't look as if it's limited by the unit/screen though and surely a software update could sort this.
You need the infotainment unit with the build code zn2 which they don't sell in the UK. Available on German Seats. Part of my research when they brought out the connected units. You might find it on VW or Skoda in the UK. Haven't checked. Peruse the German Seat site.

Reactions: scuj1

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
You need the infotainment unit with the build code zn2 which they don't sell in the UK. Available on German Seats. Part of my research when they brought out the connected units. You might find it on VW or Skoda in the UK. Haven't checked. Peruse the German Seat site.
I was meaning in terms of the way the unit displays AA. The smaller versions shown look worse than it was on the mk3! Thankfully I have the better version.

Tell

Staff member
I was meaning in terms of the way the unit displays AA. The smaller versions shown look worse than it was on the mk3! Thankfully I have the better version.
Oh just Seat Leon 4 problems.... TomTom Amigo is suppose to be opened up to Android Auto... havent tried it via Android Auto but have the app loaded up in Android. It's free. Let you guys see whether the navigation press tallies with Amigo software being able to be used with Android Auto. Google have opened it up to other mapping providers.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
With the exception of the software number which doesn't seem to change after updates

We seem to have different device part numbers mine on my eTSI First Edition is 5FA035862 whereas scuj1(wireless AA) is 5FA035862D (same except for the D on the end)

The display unit hardware is also different mine being H37 whereas wireless AA is H39

I wonder if the D signifies a revision, which adds alot of things mine doesn't have
Alexa in the store
Eco mode on passengers AirCon
Auto air recirculate (has the setting but the icon doesn't show the A)
Wireless AA
Improved look of AA
And most probably loads of other minor things

I prefer the look of the wireless AA, the large black borders are pointless especially when the car button can be moved to the other side and add a full 1cm+ of screen space

I don't think it will ever be fixed with software updates, manufacturers only seem to care about later units forgetting about the earlier ones

Tell

Staff member
I think you need the build codes of those two infotainment units, the one with the D on it may be the zn2 unit that got fitted for whatever reason.... might be a backdoor thing.

Anyhow post 64 on here seems interesting on the German thread

Turning on the developers menu... much talk of Android Auto wireless working on some models on there. Leave to you people with the Leon 4😉.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I think you need the build codes of those two infotainment units, the one with the D on it may be the zn2 unit that got fitted for whatever reason.... might be a backdoor thing.

Anyhow post 64 on here seems interesting on the German thread

Turning on the developers menu... much talk of Android Auto wireless working on some models on there. Leave to you people with the Leon 4😉.
The developers menu is in the Android auto app to enable wireless on non Samsung/Google phones running Android 9 or 10

Just read through it and what I can tell models from week 48/20(MY2021) have wireless AA, as well as Alexa, and send directions in the app

It seems all of the wireless AA head units also had the part number ending in D

They also talked about the software number increasing with every update those with 17xx, but it didn't happen on 1664 (what mine is)

Deleted member 123864

I have a build week 50/2020 car, while I don’t have an Android phone to test wireless AA, I don’t have Alexa in the store either, nor send directions in the app. Version is 1790 too.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
It might be different for UK spec cars.
It seems to be luck if there's wireless AA or not.

What's your device part number?
In the system information menu

Also are you able to remotely lock/unlock from the app?

Tell

Staff member
The developers menu is in the Android auto app to enable wireless on non Samsung/Google phones running Android 9 or 10

Just read through it and what I can tell models from week 48/20(MY2021) have wireless AA, as well as Alexa, and send directions in the app

It seems all of the wireless AA head units also had the part number ending in D

They also talked about the software number increasing with every update those with 17xx, but it didn't happen on 1664 (what mine is)

I though there was good stuff in there :). Don't reckon the UK is unique it will be all on hardware and software part numbers which they go on about. The zn1 and zn2 build codes are the legitimate ones which dont have it and have it respectively (UK are all zn1 even the Cupras least from the launch material). Other methods are fixes which is how I belíeve some get it to work off a hot stop off their phone. Talked about on this forum and the German one.

Perhaps the ones that end in D have part of the chipset which is in the zn2. Question is what part number and software is in the zn2s. I see they were musing over whether if you look out a data plan you would get it to work not on a generated hot spot from the phones....

Need people on the continent with the more flash units to check their part numbers and software releases. With legitimate units that supported wireless AA what were the part numbers and software releases.

Thanks for sorting out which developers menu they were talking about. 😊

zeppo

Apr 19, 2021
Need people on the continent with the more flash units to check their part numbers and software releases. With legitimate units that supported wireless AA what were the part numbers and software releases.
I believe my car was built 38/20, part no. 5FA035862B, hardware H56, software v.1664. Wireless AA not functional.
I wonder if it could be enabled somewhere via the service menu or running some sort of OBD hack?

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
Part no. 5FA035862A
Hardware: H56
Software: 1664

No wireless AA
No sendig GPS from phone to car
No starting climate from phone

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Part no. 5FA035862D
Software: 1788

Wireless AA working since yesterday :D

I've tried to get this working for a while, so thought I'd share what I did. Turns out my issue was with my phone, not the car.

First of all, at least on my phone (Motorola One Hyper running Android 10), Wireless AA needed to be enabled in the developers menu, see post #28.
After enabling wireless AA on the phone, the headunit showed AA available without plugging in the phone, but I still coudn't connect due to no internet connection. The dual-channel setting mentioned in the OP seems to be exclusive to OnePlus phones, but I found a workaround that should work for all Android phones:

Now AA connects automatically when I turn on the car.

There may still be some hardware differences, I don't know about that, but hopefully this helps some of you.

Reactions: Tell and Stonepope

Deleted member 123864

It might be different for UK spec cars.
It seems to be luck if there's wireless AA or not.

What's your device part number?
In the system information menu

Also are you able to remotely lock/unlock from the app?
Device number: 5FA035862D
Software: 1790
Display unit/control panel hardware: H39
Display unit/control panel software: 3074
Navigation database: 21.2
Media Codec: 3.1.4

Leon FR 1.5 TSi 150, build week 50/2020

Lock/unlock is in the app but apparently I need by identity verified by my dealer to use it.

Edit: I now also have a "use in vehicle" option when searching for a location in the app
Edit 2: Alexa is now also in the store but I get the previously mentioned ERR_BEN_A0000 when installing it

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2021
Need help please
When i update the new version of software i lost the wifi
received_937994633621627.jpeg

( wifi is activated but does not detect anything)so how i can do to fix it please thanks
received_4001112943268249.jpeg

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Need help please
When i update the new version of software i lost the wifi View attachment 23973
( wifi is activated but does not detect anything)so how i can do to fix it please thanks View attachment 23972
Your best of starting a new thread.

Try holding the power button for 10+ seconds until you see the seat logo.

This reboots the system and should be the first thing you do with any technical issues on modern computers

Reactions: Tell
Apr 23, 2021
Your best of starting a new thread.

Try holding the power button for 10+ seconds until you see the seat logo.

This reboots the system and should be the first thing you do with any technical issues on modern computers
I have done this without any result

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.