Wireless Android Auto - Works!

Tell

Staff member
This but it only for Mib2. People blindly follow the Seat website delete their navigation card and find they are stuck (it does warn you). Tells you how not to dig a hole for yourself and how to update if you have mib2 without Mapcare.

Mib3 we don't know what happens when your free year is up. But since the cog wheel was missing was a bit academic. But since Seat are hosting mib3 map updates as well as mib2 they might have put the import button on the newer firmware.

Ditto radio logo graphics import menu also missing but in the manual. Attached on that. It's the "pen" that nobody has found. They delete the radio logo by accident or have a station with none or incorrect but can't import it.

Might be these have appeared in newer firmware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-102553.png
    Screenshot_20210516-102553.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Mikey887

Aug 24, 2015
Ye I selected my car and model and downloaded the TAR but it doesn't actually tell you what the usb needs to be formatted as, weather the tar needs to be unzipped or just the raw file - goinlg to try unzipped and fat32

I don't have sdcard slot , I have the 10" display

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
https://www.tarracoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=608 following document linked here

Tell

Staff member
Ok back on topic found the Zn2 build code on the German Seat website. On the business sale models. Zn1 isn't featured but PML is full link without wireless, PMK with. Then the RR system Zn2 with optional 3D mapping.

Reckon where the two systems come from. Last one being the RR system that nobody has in the UK. Reckon the part numbers map to those build codes
Screenshot_20210516-152310.png
Screenshot_20210516-153246.png
Screenshot_20210516-153424.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-153526.png
    Screenshot_20210516-153526.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 126

Tell

Staff member
& the May 2021 Price list says this.

Screenshot_20210516-165305.png

Reckon wireless was optional on price list pre to this or they slapped in the incorrect unit or did what they pleased. People need to check pricelists they ordered against to determine. May 2020 version 2 brochure didn't mention wireless or Android and Infotainment system once. I didn't save a copy of pricelists so pass on that.

On face value it's now sold with Wireless Android Auto connectivity, if they were like the business German range there were options.

May or may not help 😉.

Mikey887

Aug 24, 2015
Just dropped my car off at the dealership, apparently the is a recall notice in place for some of the mk4 Leon's Todo with software issues and things not updating

LeonSCFR

Sep 20, 2016
UK
This is how mine looked on both the MK4's we had in for review (FR First Edition and 1.5 eTSI), looked awful!

Apologies for bumping this to reply to a post from a few months ago, but the fix for a terrible looking Android Auto experience lies in the phone's settings.

Disconnect your phone from the car and open AA. Depending on your version of Android, you may have to go into the phone's settings and search for Android Auto as it has been removed as a standalone app. Once open, tap on the heading; Android Auto, until you see a popup telling you developer mode has been enabled.

Now tap the three dots menu, open Developer Settings and scroll down to Video resolution to set it to allow up to whatever your max resolution is, in my case it was 1080p.

ETA: Wireless AA works flawlessly on my 21 plate X Lux PHEV. No idea of software details but I can investigate if anyone is interested.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Just tried setting mine to 1080p, and it made no change

IMG_20210517_180413.jpg

What's your part number and software version for the infotainment

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
The developers menu is in the Android auto app to enable wireless on non Samsung/Google phones running Android 9 or 10

Just read through it and what I can tell models from week 48/20(MY2021) have wireless AA, as well as Alexa, and send directions in the app

It seems all of the wireless AA head units also had the part number ending in D

They also talked about the software number increasing with every update those with 17xx, but it didn't happen on 1664 (what mine is)
Dan's key post above gleaned from the German Leon forum site.

I reckon we can say from the outset of these units they didn't all have wireless Android Auto (different units) and it's certainly still an option on business Leon's sold in Germany at the present with those build codes.

LeonSCFR

Sep 20, 2016
UK
Just tried setting mine to 1080p, and it made no change

[...]

What's your part number and software version for the infotainment
How strange. I had the overly compressed screen on my two previous cars a 2015 Leon FR and my 2018 Superb, both issues were fixed by forcing the dev options in AA. I had a Moto G something with the Leon, then a Galaxy A something followed by a Galaxy S8 and an S20+.

Stupid question, but have you forced a reboot of the infotainment?

As for my infotainment:
Device part number: 5FA035862D
Hardware: H56
Software: 1790
Display unit/control panel hardware: H39
Display unit/control panel software: 3074

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
How strange. I had the overly compressed screen on my two previous cars a 2015 Leon FR and my 2018 Superb, both issues were fixed by forcing the dev options in AA. I had a Moto G something with the Leon, then a Galaxy A something followed by a Galaxy S8 and an S20+.

Stupid question, but have you forced a reboot of the infotainment?

As for my infotainment:
Device part number: 5FA035862D
Hardware: H56
Software: 1790
Display unit/control panel hardware: H39
Display unit/control panel software: 3074
Yeah I've tried restarting the phone to.

Part number ending in D has wireless AA, and also the larger android auto screen they move the car settings button to the left side of the screen

Reactions: Tell

LeonSCFR

Sep 20, 2016
UK
Yeah I've tried restarting the phone to.

Part number ending in D has wireless AA, and also the larger android auto screen they move the car settings button to the left side of the screen

If it's any consolation, I've just done a 300 mile round trip with my phone on the wireless charging pad, running wireless AA. The first hour of the journey was fine, but after that, the audio started stuttering. I thought it might have been due to the heat caused by charging but moving it off the pad and onto the front seat didn't help at all.

I plugged it back in again and all was well.

Tell

Staff member
Afraid I don't take Android Auto or Google Maps seriously. In the car it doesn't know exactly where the car is, they jump streets, whilst built in systems know exactly where you are. Had that tonight when the inbuilt system didn't know about road closures but Google didn't know where you were when you left the take away thought ahead of where you actually were so you would over shoot. Ofcourse the connected cars using Here Maps like you guys have, is the best of both worlds 😉. The rest is ham radio 🤔.

zeppo

Apr 19, 2021
Given the age of the car I would be very surprised if the WiFi chipset in the car doesn't support 5ghz and the reason it's off is Todo with hardware, I think it's more likely they couldn't sort the EU regulatory approval for using 5ghz in the car before they launched so switched it off , then once it was sorted the new cars they switched it on as wireless Android auto requires 5ghz wifi

My car's going into the dealership for some other software related issues so might see if they can switch it on / can be convinced to

* Forgot to mention other evidence for the chipset supporting 5ghz the WiFi AC bandwidth is set, so of the chipset supports AC wireless there's no way it doesn't support 5ghz
Did you have any luck getting the dealership to activate the settings?

Revision D units in the UK are capable of wireless AA & wireless carplay.

Prior to revision D, there's some coding required and a dataset to allow for activation of wireless android auto, but these units still support wireless carplay from the factory. This coding requires SFD and datasets so this isn't DIY

Dealerships will say the hardware is different and the earlier units aren't capable of 5ghz Wifi which is required for wireless AA - this isn't true.

The hardware is the same on all of the units, however they just ship with different software trains hence the different part number.
Before long we'll be updating across software trains which will in turn change the unit part number as we're already doing with MIB2 units.

We're soon to be offering a service for enabling wireless android auto for those without - and for those customers outside of the UK who can only use Full Link wired, this solution will also work for you

www.eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk

Tell

Staff member
Yes I think it suffers from a marketing history. Same hardware, but Seat decided to differentiate two products from the hardware the same as the mib2 standard and high but that was different hardware, zn1 and zn2, they even carried the build codes over. Those build codes never hit the UK but can be found in Europe. I did a VIN lookup up on European cars being sold and a UK demonstrator. Zn2 was the bells and whistles one and that option for 3D emblematic maps of buildings same as the mib2 high but was a higher offer in Zn2 on mib3. I'm not sure where we are on that one. Whether it's a FeC to get them out to show. That could be seen on the business brochure as a further option. So there are three offerings. Without AA, with AA and with AA + 3D emblematic graphics of landmarks.

It appears marketing wireless AA as a separate thing fizzled out and was ambiguous in the UK why some had it and others didn't. They didn't know whether they were selling zn1 or zn2. That leaves those 3D emblematic icons which rotate as you drive past to be bottomed out (zn2+ 🤣).

This bit:
20210625_113454.png

I've tried to encourage people to look for these who have Wireless AA..... I'm sure it will all become clear in the fullness of time probably from those business cars sold in Europe with the full works. The hardware uses Here Maps unlike TomTom of the standard so it's pedigree is a mib2 high with bolt on connected services. Some more bolted on than others with x,y coordinates saved as last destinations rather than names so I understand.

I'm sure it will go through generation of software updates but being connected you do worry about whether map updates could be pulled at a future point, what updates you can do without connected services and how resilient it is to connected services being withdrawn. Normal form is a new Mib every fives years so that puts mib4 at 2025, mib5 at 2030... just in time for electric cars (I'm marking time).

What the 3D emblematic maps look like on a mib2 high, which I believe is the R3D build code, total deluxe (examples The Dome and Tower Bridge, they spin and rotate as you approach... mib2 high trick from Here Maps cartography) (suspect a FeC enables it to show those in a Mib3 rather than a specific software version):
20210625_134030.jpg

20210625_134108.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members