Your dogbone experiences and recommendations please

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
It was suggested to me last week that an uprated dogbone mount could help get more power down and reduce wheelspin/wheelhop somewhat.

Doing a search, there is so much info here but it all got a bit confusing going from thread to thread so I thought I'd ask again (sorry). :headhurt:

I've read varying experiences from unbearable vibrations to none at all, so I'd like peoples experiences with different makes to help me make my mind up on which one to go for.
Obviously I'd like as little vibration as possible, and I'm quite happy to spend a little bit more if the difference is worth it.

Thanks.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
BSH speedshop in the states have just released a new model, which is alot cheaper than the competition. ts getting a good welcoming in the states. It is supposed to stop wheelhop, but not really wheelspin.
According to people there, there is slightly more vibration, but nothing to worry about. that was my only concern too. This can be ordered from the states, just a bummer that the poumd is so crap against the dollar at the moment. I dont yet have one of these, but its proabably my next mod.
I dont know what shops sell them in this country, I think regal might do VF engineeing mounts.

Poverty

BSH speedshop in the states have just released a new model, which is alot cheaper than the competition. ts getting a good welcoming in the states. It is supposed to stop wheelhop, but not really wheelspin.
According to people there, there is slightly more vibration, but nothing to worry about. that was my only concern too. This can be ordered from the states, just a bummer that the poumd is so crap against the dollar at the moment. I dont yet have one of these, but its proabably my next mod.
I dont know what shops sell them in this country, I think regal might do VF engineeing mounts.

vf do have their own mounts as do VW racing. I believe VW racing ones are more hardcore. JonnyC has them on his ed30.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I got one fitted last week. A little more vibration and a little less hop. Never fixed the damn clicking noise though :(

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
It depends whether you want the whole mount or just the insert (bushing). I thought you meant the whole mount.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
I got one fitted last week. A little more vibration and a little less hop. Never fixed the damn clicking noise though :(

What kind of vibration do you experience...??? From underneath when flooring the accelerator...??? :confused: I think that Milltek provides a dogbone from powerflex with their 76"-cat downpipe...:rolleyes: Do they ...??? The clicking noise is from the exhaust I suppose ...???

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What kind of vibration do you experience...??? From underneath when flooring the accelerator...??? :confused: I think that Milltek provides a dogbone from powerflex with their 76"-cat downpipe...:rolleyes: Do they ...??? The clicking noise is from the exhaust I suppose ...???

My mount is from Milltek. I will ask what the spec is and I am sure I will have no problem getting it because in my experience, Millteks customer service is second to none that I have come across. Very much recommended.

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
It depends whether you want the whole mount or just the insert (bushing). I thought you meant the whole mount.

I'm after whatever provides the best results with the least extra vibration really, whether that be an insert of a complete new mount.

I wouldn't say money's no object but I don't see the point in saving money now then regretting it later. Do it right from the start I say :)