ATP GT2871R Build with pics

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Pete was invited down by redline for a feature in the magazine which also involved performance testing.

as it wasn't running right they said he can go back down when its sorted for another go.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Why haven't any of you guys not gone in for TOTB?? Bill you'd probably win the FWD section!!

You need to have some serious grunt to enter this, Bill's would do very well if not win, but most others such as IHI and GT2X etc would need a big shot of nitrous to get any where, which in my book is cheating.

The winner this year was a Mk2 Golf with IHI and Nitrous iirc. very quick car.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Matt didn't you say earlier that Pete got an 11.2 on the 1/4?? The winning time for the fwd was 11.69 and top speed winner was 169 mph.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
You need to have some serious grunt to enter this, Bill's would do very well if not win, but most others such as IHI and GT2X etc would need a big shot of nitrous to get any where, which in my book is cheating.

The winner this year was a Mk2 Golf with IHI and Nitrous iirc. very quick car.

it would be interesting for next year as a good crack.
1/4 mile straight line stuff does'nt float my boat, but its always a question which gets asked.. my last logged (racelogic V-box thing i have) showed me a 0-100mph in 8.5 secs which is somewhat faster than the 10.4s it did when first IHI'd all those years ago.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
must have reduced the weight of his car also ive seen pics and videos of it racing and looks quick, would be good to have a cupra at the top of the table at totb instead of those jap pieces of crap (awsome engineering however and great repect to honda engines).

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Fook me, 8.5 is nuts. And that will be spinning wheels alll the way past 100 i suspect?

Some machine.

it was.. it logged it on the way home from combe pulling out of a junction onto a main road.. had car full of tyres etc coming back from track day early this year.
100mph wheelspin is common when on full attack mode.
30-130mph in 3rd... wild

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
must have reduced the weight of his car also ive seen pics and videos of it racing and looks quick, would be good to have a cupra at the top of the table at totb instead of those jap pieces of crap (awsome engineering however and great repect to honda engines).

you say that but the civic type-r in my c'ship is on its 4th engine this year!!!

they aint what they're cracked up to be..

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
it was.. it logged it on the way home from combe pulling out of a junction onto a main road.. had car full of tyres etc coming back from track day early this year.
100mph wheelspin is common when on full attack mode.
30-130mph in 3rd... wild

thats stupid quick!!! 30-130mph in 3rd :drool:
if you ever come down south PLEASE give me a call and i will pay for the petrol to take me out for a quick spin!!!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
new g'box going in this week so ultra long legged ratios no more..
dog box again - hopefully a better one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise