JS Manifold cracked

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
I only ever used original scooby gaskets.. blew just the same.
the manifold does not stay flat on high boosts/EGT's

bill, why dont you get some custom gaskets done? Im sure "Klinger" materials would have something to cover your needs?

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
Will be interested to see how you get on. So how did you approach the larger fittings for the water pipes? The turbo to block pipe on mine has the banjo welded or pushed on to the pipe. I guess I would have to cut this off and replace with a lager banjo?

Remove the hoses and take them to a Hose and hyraulic shop they will crimp new fittings on the ends (14mm metric). i done away with the banjo's and had straight fittings put on both.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
bill, why dont you get some custom gaskets done? Im sure "Klinger" materials would have something to cover your needs?

gasket was not the problem. The warping materials either side of it were Saul.

i did the spigot ring approach so designed out the need to rely on flat surfaces for sealing.
:D

caney

Apr 24, 2005
As for the turbo/manifold gasket i have left mine off this time, it seems pointless keep putting new ones on everytime only for them to go 2 months later.
i've melted 2 in a week ffs,so you reckon just leave it off then?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yep.

1.8t run hot.
egt's too much for them it seems.

best service life i got from one was metal to metal when new and surfaces were flat. over time, and high egts things got less and less flat and blows started which there was no coming back from, until both parts were machined flat again. (all hassle)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
tube in a socket fit if the spigot ring.. 0.1mm was what my guys made mine to.
kind of creates a small labyrinth type seal and longer leak path, which seals up when hot as well

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i doubled the length tolerance as i made mine 316L stainless and that expands like bilio
no issues since doing this.
easier to do on round hole turbo intakes like IHI.

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Phil, quick question. You mentioned in another thread that you went for a TD05 18G from FP. I don't see this one listed on their site except for one with the TD06 compressor wheel. Was your built as on special request with the smaller turbine?

Ta.

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
Phil, quick question. You mentioned in another thread that you went for a TD05 18G from FP. I don't see this one listed on their site except for one with the TD06 compressor wheel. Was your built as on special request with the smaller turbine?

Ta.

Sorry mate i was lead to believe that the turbo was from FP as i brought it from a uk supplier, crossed wires i think, the turbo i have is the same as this one http://www.turbokits.com/wrx_turbo_kits.html 7cm2

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
HTC i think your getting confused,the FP comes with the smaller compressor cover not the larger td06 one on the blouch turbo.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
i'd love to know where the yanks get their horsepower figures from:confused:my td06/20g 8cm makes 398bhp flat out at 1.9bar yet they claim 440bhp.Wilkos tdo5/18g makes 362bhp yet they claim 400bhp:shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.