ibiza's on 17's? who runs them?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
righty ho then, i just wanted to know who runs them, whats the scrubbing ect like, pictures too please, dont want peoples opinions about the choice of wheel size unless your running the 17's.... ;) :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
No one. They are sh!t ;)

I'm sure surcalation is (its up for sale)
If you get the right tyre, you can have same rolling radius as a 16" wheel (with rubberband tyres)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
ibiza-19.jpg

these are either 17's or 18's cant remember where my link is to the write up....that is hot as my postman feet after ive finished my round!

ive seen some wheels a i want, but there 17's..7.5j but offset of 13 :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I'm pretty sure they are 18's

And the 17's you looked at will poke already an extra 25mm (from offset alone) then add on another 0.75" on each lip of wheel (so 25 + 18 = 43mm poke)

So would need like 185's or less with some help, but an extra 1.5"+ on the outside lip mate

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
thats what im talking about! :D serious poke mate, arches pulled, wide arch! :D

rear wouldldt be to much of an issue to get to fit, but front?, lmao!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
yeah baby. im skint as it is tho so, i guess il work hard....pull harder! :) well depends if i get them, would of liked them to of been 16's but cant have everything, problem i if i do get them, il decide against them, then sell, then want them back like my 16' steels i had! doh!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
lol always the case isn't it?

do some home made arch rolling, angle grind slits into the lip of the arch, then heat gun to heat up, slowly tap the slits in :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
haha snap, only 1 arch which is random

i'm gonna get them rolled, gonna cost £100 from Greg Howell (one the best in the scene for bodywork etc) get rears flared slightly, and maybe fronts, see what he thinks first :)

need to save for bloody lips first though lol

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
its major bum love aint it, il have to sell the caddy to fund the plans for the ibiza, or sell both to get an evo and a mk1 golf... or a mk1 golf with evo running gear :)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
cheers bud!... as for the mk1, i nearly bought a brown one prior to buying the rusted out caddy.. probably made the wrong choice, but hey, the caddys are harder to come by... anyhow, il find out the outcome with the purchase of the wheels tonight, ishall let you know

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
I'm thinking of going for 17s next, found some perfect wheels at edition38 yesterday but there 17x8 all round! Want the rears to fit the same as my schmidts tho, 16x9 et5 and these have a rear et of 15, so how big spacers would I need?! Suj?!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah i nearly got a mk1 gti, but I was 20, and insurance was asking me to bend over :D

yeah let me know, you can get them to fit, you can make anything fit, I know someone running 10J on his mk1 golf (from my uni) :p

kyle, it looks like you will need about 20mm spacers (off my head)
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

EDIT: 23mm by that site :)

Mr White

Heres a picture of my car with the 17's i did have on it 205/40/17. I took them off though as the tyres are illegal all round but as for rubbing, it was too bad 17x7j. I did get 2 new tyres and tried them on for size 225/45/17 But the rubbed everywhere made it impossible to steer quickly and also rubbed off the bottom of the strut. Probably cause im lowered on springs with original dampers. ??? Bad idea.
Cant post it on here (havent posted 15 times yet.

13077516.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not exactly rolling, but my car's parked up on a set of 7.5J lightweights at present

if i ever get round to dropping it i'll let ya know where it catches

they seem to be behave better than my old speedlines did though i'll admit

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
The offsets on those you want are going to be a big ballache. Unless you build wide wings at the front. On the back you'll probably get away with just rolling them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.