Intro

Nov 12, 2023
Hi, just a quick hello from me. I purchased my first Volkswagen/audi group car in August this year, a metallic grey Formentor 310ps, VZ2. Loving it so far, had 11 miles when I picked it up, now going in for its first 10k service. I think I've just about got the individual settings right for me although still not sure if the ACC should be Sport or Comfort!! hey ho.

suspension, set about halfway between comfort and sport
engine note set to sport, I like a little rumble
acc set to comfort at the moment although it was set to sport but I found that when a gap opened up it was kind of slow to react then full steam ahead. also, in traffic the sport setting can be a bit hairy. Comfort uses the engines torque more, seems to keep the same gear and just accelerate.
gearbox is set to Comfort. for daily driving, sport is a bit too much in my opinion. I tried Eco but didnt see any difference in mpg so I'm kind've set on comfort right now.

I live in London, I've driven it in Ireland, Wales and Scotland. I was in Wales along the north coast on the day the north coast was flooded. In any car I've had in the past I'd have had to turn around, but the Cupra just kept going with its great ground clearance and it was just seriously good. I've launched it with my 23 year old nephew in it, he's been drifting since he was 15 (cars that is, not life in general) and he was most impressed.

It generally returns around 28mpg in London but I've seen 40mpg driving like the old man I am on the motorway. I normally average early to mid 30's which isn't bad for what it is. I looked at the Golf R and the T-Roc R before going for the Formentor. It sold itself really because of the interior trim, all leather inside and fairly good quality dash, much better than the T-Roc for sure.

I want to map it but would like to have some feedback from anyone who's mapped the 310ps before. Anyone done this? If so, what's your opinion, is it worth it or not? Where did you get it done?

Thanks for reading.

Alan.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi, just a quick hello from me. I purchased my first Volkswagen/audi group car in August this year, a metallic grey Formentor 310ps, VZ2. Loving it so far, had 11 miles when I picked it up, now going in for its first 10k service. I think I've just about got the individual settings right for me although still not sure if the ACC should be Sport or Comfort!! hey ho.

suspension, set about halfway between comfort and sport
engine note set to sport, I like a little rumble
acc set to comfort at the moment although it was set to sport but I found that when a gap opened up it was kind of slow to react then full steam ahead. also, in traffic the sport setting can be a bit hairy. Comfort uses the engines torque more, seems to keep the same gear and just accelerate.
gearbox is set to Comfort. for daily driving, sport is a bit too much in my opinion. I tried Eco but didnt see any difference in mpg so I'm kind've set on comfort right now.

I live in London, I've driven it in Ireland, Wales and Scotland. I was in Wales along the north coast on the day the north coast was flooded. In any car I've had in the past I'd have had to turn around, but the Cupra just kept going with its great ground clearance and it was just seriously good. I've launched it with my 23 year old nephew in it, he's been drifting since he was 15 (cars that is, not life in general) and he was most impressed.

It generally returns around 28mpg in London but I've seen 40mpg driving like the old man I am on the motorway. I normally average early to mid 30's which isn't bad for what it is. I looked at the Golf R and the T-Roc R before going for the Formentor. It sold itself really because of the interior trim, all leather inside and fairly good quality dash, much better than the T-Roc for sure.

I want to map it but would like to have some feedback from anyone who's mapped the 310ps before. Anyone done this? If so, what's your opinion, is it worth it or not? Where did you get it done?

Thanks for reading.

Alan.
Welcome to SCN, good intro that and glad to hear of a happy Formentor owner for a change, keep enjoying the ride.