Coilovers

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Hi.
Just wondering what would be the maximum drop on a '01 toledo ?
I have heard the sump is dangerously close to the ground :think:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It's fairly low on the Mk4 golf platform which is the same, check out the readers rides section for some ideas, some use spacers to lift the engine a bit.:)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It does depend on the engine, from memory the diesels are lowest, followed by the V5, then the 1.8 and other engines.

I have a piece of undertray plastic that is bent downwards, sticks down from the V5 sump about three inches. I've heard that drag a few times. Had my car been three inches lower, it would have been my sump dragging...

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
It does depend on the engine, from memory the diesels are lowest, followed by the V5, then the 1.8 and other engines.

I have a piece of undertray plastic that is bent downwards, sticks down from the V5 sump about three inches. I've heard that drag a few times. Had my car been three inches lower, it would have been my sump dragging...

It is the 90bhp tdi

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Now I'm sure I've had this conversation before with someone else. My car could not go down 120mm, the wheels would be into metalwork and the sump would be resting on the floor. Can you tell me where you get 120mm from?

K4ROL

I was driving golf mk4 convertible -100mm, I had to drove carfefully but i was fine to Me;)

Niall2.0

Now I'm sure I've had this conversation before with someone else. My car could not go down 120mm, the wheels would be into metalwork and the sump would be resting on the floor. Can you tell me where you get 120mm from?

my cars about 130/140mm an shes fine

dedon

Aug 31, 2011
does anyone know how far you can go down before needing to get and uprated arb? Can't really afford one at the minute and was wondering the max height and would consider any alternatives due to the price.

Cheers:D

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm 99% sure you don't ever need an uprated ARB? You might need longer droplinks to lift the ARB off the driveshaft, but that's about it? And a pair of adjustable droplinks is about £30 if I remember rightly.

dedon

Aug 31, 2011
thanks a million mate. I was actually looking at those myself but wasn't sure.

Is there anyone that has actually fitted adjustable drop links on here?

thanks

DD

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Do a search on the Leon forum, there's lots of people with ARB rubbing issues that have been fixed by adjustable droplinks. I believe the Cupra R droplinks are different (attaching to the damper rather than the swing arm) but there are a few others with lower spec cars that have had to resort to adjustable droplinks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.