Seat Mii - General Thoughts

Seat_Salesman

Stylish SEAT city car (Mii) has been on sale for a few months now and it has shown to be very popular through all ages.

The city car offers generous space, enviable quality, impressive equipment and fantastic NCAP ratings.

New SEAT Mii 3dr/5dr UK deliveries began in June, just weeks after its international motor show debut in Geneva, which generated alot of interest.
Its the first model in the segment after the very popular Lupo-based Arosa was pulled in 2004 :( .

The new SEAT Mii 3dr city car is being made available to order in the UK, with prices starting at only £7,845 RRP on the road for the entry-level Mii S 3dr.

For any questions regardsing the Mii or any other Seat for that matter, please feel free to get in contact.

Many Thanks,

Oliver :drive1:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I test drove the sport and must admit I was pretty impressed even though it was guttless compared to my Leon Cupra lol. It still ticks all the boxes for what you would want out of a city car and seems it would be great at saving money. Was going to px my Leon in on one yesterday but the figures just didn't work out so I will wait for the new Leon and get one in a few years time hehehehe

bazves

I have order a Mii Sport which I'm expecting to take delivery of in the next 2-3 weeks.

After having driven the Up!, Mii & the Citigo I was close to buying the VW, but the dealer couldn't come up with a decent deal, so I looked at the competition. I'm glad I went for the Seat as I now prefer it (just as well really!)

I'm confused with Seats seeming lack of publicity and push of the MII. There were TV adverts for the VW and the Skoda and nothing (that I've seen) from Seat. And I've seen plenty of Ups on the road, the odd Citigo but not a single MII. The MII at the moment very much seems the poor relation to the other 2.

There also seems to be very little love (on this forum at least) for the MII from current Seat owners

Last edited by a moderator:

Seat_Salesman

Compared to your Leon the Mii will seem "gutless". It is rumoured that there will be a Mii Cupra 1.0 TSI 110bhp but then again I've heard there could also be a Mii 1.4TSI, will never believe what I read until I see it.

Generally our customers no before we do :confused:.

Unfortunately on the New Mii there isn’t really any offer other than 3 years free servicing and road side assistance on the PCP agreement.

Some dealers will offer a discount, all dependant on whether they’ve hit there quarterly targets or not.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
There also seems to be very little love (on this forum at least) for the MII from current Seat owners

probably because very few, no- i'll go out on a limb and say no-one- will potentially downsize.
2nd car / OH car maybe :shrug:

regards the engines, why would they put the 1.4 TSi in? the 1.2 is enough in a small car, no need to chase VW/Skoda?Audi, if VAG allow it anyway.

Seat_Salesman

I have order a Mii Sport which I'm expecting to take delivery of in the next 2-3 weeks.

After having driven the Up!, Mii & the Citigo I was close to buying the VW, but the dealer couldn't come up with a decent deal, so I looked at the competition. I'm glad I went for the Seat as I now prefer it (just as well really!)

I'm confused with Seats seeming lack of publicity and push of the MII. There were TV adverts for the VW and the Skoda and nothing (that I've seen) from Seat. And I've seen plenty of Ups on the road, the odd Citigo but not a single MII. The MII at the moment very much seems the poor relation to the other 2.

I too don’t understand the lack of advertisements and push for the Mii.

I recently have just moved from a Skoda dealership to a Seat dealership and the push for the Citygo very good, huge posters, life-size cut-outs (pre-launch), TV adverts. The dealership was very much “Citygo” driven just as much as VW.

Having moved to a Seat dealership it seems the “push” and “drive” for the Mii isn’t as strong compared to the sister groups. Maybe that’s why there’s a lack of “Love” for the car.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have seen some good offers for the Mii, free M&M and suchlike. However if you are going down the PCP route the Up! works out cheaper. Due to stronger residuals and then of course the badge kudos.

I was amazed to get a £650 discount out of a VW dealer for the Up! as well. Could only get £350 on the basic Mii S A/C. So went for a Take Up! with a comfort pack and cheap £150 3 year servicing deal.

Agree Mii seems to be almost flying under the radar, but overall SEAT seem to be a little quiet with none of the usual great offers they have on at this time of year ie VAT free ect.

Seat_Salesman

I have seen some good offers for the Mii, free M&M and suchlike. However if you are going down the PCP route the Up! works out cheaper. Due to stronger residuals and then of course the badge kudos.

I was amazed to get a £650 discount out of a VW dealer for the Up! as well. Could only get £350 on the basic Mii S A/C. So went for a Take Up! with a comfort pack and cheap £150 3 year servicing deal.

Agree Mii seems to be almost flying under the radar, but overall SEAT seem to be a little quiet with none of the usual great offers they have on at this time of year ie VAT free ect.

There are some good offers within Seat, not necessarily always a national campaign but maybe an “in house” offer.

Yes the £149 service offer is across the VAG Group, although we all use the same finance company (VW), VW do have an advantage on the interest rates, as there’s are slightly better than Seat and Skoda.

Like the old saying "If you don't ask, you don't get".

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
There are some good offers within Seat, not necessarily always a national campaign but maybe an “in house” offer.

Yes the £149 service offer is across the VAG Group, although we all use the same finance company (VW), VW do have an advantage on the interest rates, as there’s are slightly better than Seat and Skoda.

Like the old saying "If you don't ask, you don't get".

I attended a VIP eveni a couple of weeks back and got offered an Ibiza FR ST 1.2 TSi for £11999 which was a good price just the px on our Leon was not good enough. Also wife decided she would like an Volvo S40 or V50 instead. So agree there are some decent SEAT deals around. Never understood why VW get's better rates than SEAT with them both from the same finance house?

Last edited:

fanle

Went for a test drive in one of these today while I was poking around one of the new FR Ibizas. Nifty little car but im not sure why anyone would choose it over the UP, same price but with a better badge?

iMatchu

Apr 12, 2012
I didn't think much to the MII before i saw one in flesh at one of the SEAT shopping experience demo drives they're doing and i think it's a ace little car with a great 3 pot engine, the 3 cylinder engines on the ibiza aren't nearly as good.
Plus the Sat nav is ace as it can display rev counter and other things in reat time.

And the City auto braking is great fun to do at the SEAT shopping experience aswell! :D

Seat_Salesman

I didn't think much to the MII before i saw one in flesh at one of the SEAT shopping experience demo drives they're doing and i think it's a ace little car with a great 3 pot engine, the 3 cylinder engines on the ibiza aren't nearly as good.
Plus the Sat nav is ace as it can display rev counter and other things in reat time.

And the City auto braking is great fun to do at the SEAT shopping experience aswell! :D

Glad you enjoyed the experience.
The small "city car" has come a long way in terms of technology.

bazves

Went for a test drive in one of these today while I was poking around one of the new FR Ibizas. Nifty little car but im not sure why anyone would choose it over the UP, same price but with a better badge?

When I was pricing all three cars, for roughly equivalent spec the VW carried a £600 premium over the Seat, and the Seat was about £100 more than the Skoda.

I decided not to pay £600 for a badge given that aside from a couple of visual tweaks on the outside and small interior differences, the cars are identical and all drive the same. Ultimately I choose Seat due to a positive dealer experience and simply liking the look of the car a little more than its sibblings

Seat_Salesman

When I was pricing all three cars, for roughly equivalent spec the VW carried a £600 premium over the Seat, and the Seat was about £100 more than the Skoda.

I decided not to pay £600 for a badge given that aside from a couple of visual tweaks on the outside and small interior differences, the cars are identical and all drive the same. Ultimately I choose Seat due to a positive dealer experience and simply liking the look of the car a little more than its sibblings

Having just left a Skoda dealership to move on to Seat I personally didn’t like the front end of the Skoda, it just looked dated.
Doesn’t really suit the younger market, as for the Seat and VW versions, I think they are very stylish.

bazves

Having just left a Skoda dealership to move on to Seat I personally didn’t like the front end of the Skoda, it just looked dated.
Doesn’t really suit the younger market, as for the Seat and VW versions, I think they are very stylish.

I would agree with that. From what I've seen, the VW appeals to the 'majority' (desireable brand image). The Skoda seems to be targetted at the 'bargain hunter' and/or older driver. I really don't see the niche that Seat are aiming for. I was however attracted by the Vibora Negra edition and it is the model that I ended up going for :D

I had an up on demo for a week, it was ok but not as cheeky as a panda. The 1.0 75ps was pretty nippy and ful economy was better than the Leon tdi I ha a week later on demo. I have toyed with the idea of swapping the cupra for one and then getting a cheap diesel estate for taking the bikes out, but then I'm also considering the exeo but petrol versions are very rare.

Lease wise the city go works out cheaper than the up, I've not had rates on the mii, I think the up was working out £135 inc maintained on an 8k 4 year lease cheapest was Volkswagen group leasing.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have started to see a few Mii's about, but the Up! still has the edge IMO, and slightly better residual value. My Up! has just arrived and like it, just wish VW did the same £115 option of colour coded handles and mirrors SEAT do. But then I was able to spec central locking and electric windows on the Up! something you cannot do on the Mii S :confused: Managed to squeeze a £650 discount on my Up! as well :D

20121005_122707.jpg

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.